SEADOO SPARK HULL 2019 2up

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Ashleyc

Ran into a rock and it cracked my hull about 5 inches wide and all the way through. Need advice on how to either repair it or if anyone know a used one for sale or happens to have one !!!

Ran into a rock and it cracked my hull about 5 inches wide and all the way through. Need advice on how to either repair it or if anyone know a used one for sale or happens to have one !!!
A used 2019 Hull, not very likely. New hulls are about $2000.00 from a dealer plus the cost of swapping over all the working parts, etc.....I did it personally on a 2017 so it can be done....but it is a task for sure.

I am surprised that there isn't a repair method on these yet with all the composites out.

Plastic....so much harder to fix reliably (especially structural plastic) than good old fashioned fiberglass and resin.

Cracks may be repairable.....I've read stories of using powered plastic and liquid glues to plastic welding to seal cracks, but holes are much harder to deal with.

I popped a basketball sized hole in my 2017 Spark...no fixing that (entire new hull was my only option).

look into industrial services and contractors that plastic weld. we plastic weld our floors and wall cove in the hospital- i cant think of any other durable way to repair that plastic hull. i have a 2018 trixx and hate the plastic hull- stickers fall off and i feel like I'm riding an egg shell.

Plastic welding of thin sheet vinyl flooring (hospital grade stuff that I am also familiar with) is one thing, but structural plastic welding of a jet ski hull would be vastly different. Getting plastic to stick to plastic is not always and easy task...and under the jetski operating conditions.....I'm hard pressed to see how it could be done, much less guaranteed not to leak or crack again in the patched area or nearby.

Unfortunately or fortunately....it looks like that's the future of PWC watercraft design.....you know eventually Yamaha and others will find a way to copy Seadoo.

I kinda wish now that I kept my old hull to play around with...but who has the time and the space...not me!

Back