SeaDoo Spark 2015 wont run past 3,500 RPM

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

dogerki

Hello everyone! I've had this ongoing issue for the past few months now, however its just getting worse.
Previously, the seadoo hit 3,500 RPM then shot up to 8000 RPM for like 2-3 minutes then shot back down, and when it did hit those RPMs I could max the speed at around 20 MPH.

Then, yesterday I took the spark out and it would not go past 5 miles per hour. Then about 10 minutes later it kept going on and off with the RPMs and everytime I had hit a wave it shot back down to 3,500.

I also have a 'defective fuel sensor' which I've gotten the error every so often previously, however when I drove it yesterday, everytime I hit a wave the error came up, leaving me with no fuel gauge at all.

After about 2 hours of the RPMs being all over the place, the issue seemed to go away, making it hit 3,500 RPM maybe once every 10 minutes.

New pump? New spark plugs?

My Spark also struggles to launch aswell, it has a second delay with the throttle.

I could see three things: something stuck in the jet pump (impeller) or an engine issue or a fuel issue. However if you are still capable of hitting high RPMs, it is probably not the jet pump (as the issue would be more constant).

No more error messages?

I could see three things: something stuck in the jet pump (impeller) or an engine issue or a fuel issue. However if you are still capable of hitting high RPMs, it is probably not the jet pump (as the issue would be more constant).

No more error messages?
Just the fuel sensor default.. Sometimes when I hit a wave it hits back to its normal RPM.. then when I hit a wave it hits back to 3,500 RPM. The impeller is clear of anything, I always drive it in deep environments and avoid shallow areas. I’ve never treated the fuel though, have been using marina fuel..

Back