Seadoo rxp 215 2004 free flow exhaust or through the hull?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lotte

Hello everyone!
I would like my jet ski to sound a little louder.
But what should I do? The free flow option or through the hull? Does anyone have experience with these 2 options? Are there any issues where I should look out for?

Greetings Lotte

Go with the free flow not thru hull.your machine stock won't notice any difference.and with the thru Hull the noise gets a little aggravating while at cruising speed to not only the operator but the people that live on the lake as well.try and not to be the guy who gets another lake to ban jet skis.unless you are on the ocean or your very own pond don't make it louder

Go with the free flow not thru hull.your machine stock won't notice any difference.and with the thru Hull the noise gets a little aggravating while at cruising speed to not only the operator but the people that live on the lake as well.try and not to be the guy who gets another lake to ban jet skis.unless you are on the ocean or your very own pond don't make it louder
I put a free flow on a RXP-X 300 and it is louder. But it is not the sound I like,so I have mixed feeling. Someone told me I should have gone thur the hull for a sweeter sound

Okay! Thanks for your reaction

I bought two jetskis (2004 GTX 155 & 2008 Wake 215) with free flow and the sound actually was quite aggravating after awhile. Most of our cruising is around 30 mph with many no wake zones. My wife and I couldn't carry on a conversation with both jetskis having a loud drone with the free flow exhaust. I eventually ended up re-installing the stock mufflers on both jetskis for a more pleasant experience. I can't imagine how loud a through hull would be, but I bet earplugs would have to be involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back