Seadoo no spark and no fuel inyection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

rainiel78

I have a 2002 seadoo gtx rfi that was rebuilt. when i started it the first few times everything seemed to be going very well and all of a sudden it stopped cranking, i checked for spark and sometimes it would spark but sometimes not. then the spark appeared and tried to start but could not. I checked the injectors and when I gave it to start they injected very little fuel and then almost did not pour, I measured the injector harness and there were 5 or 6 voltages in them. Please I would really appreciate if someone could help me.

RFI needs a GOOD battery. When voltage drops below a certain level you lose spark.
test fuel pressure…send injectors out to be serviced
@etemplet knows these things very well hopefully he chimes in.

They are very sneaky.
1. Are you getting 2 beeps.
2. Do you hear the fuel pump coming on when you insert the key
3. Did you measure the fuel pressure. I do send all of my injectors to the fuelinjectorman.com in Florida. I don't like messing around and don't want a lean cylinder after I rebuild an engine.
4. Check the 3 wire plug on the coil and the black ground. Make sure they are making good contact.

That should keep you busy for a bit. Good Luck.

Hello, if the two beeps are heard and the pump also turns on. I have not checked the fluid pressure with a gauge but I disconnected the hose and there is a good flow of fuel. the coil is receiving electricity. This already has me going crazy. thank you so much.

Be methodical. You need to test the fuel pressure. 58psi.
If you remove the injector rail and the engine is turning over you should get some some nice little puffs out of the injectors.
Make sure you don't have the plug for the injectors swapped with the Rave Solenoid.

Download the manual. I rarely check voltage on the injectors. I take ohm readings at the amp plug off the MPEM and I do continuity test on individual wires which helps me check the plugs. If you put voltage to the injectors they should click. Have a good weekend.

The injectors are receiving 6 volts but they hardly add fuel and when you apply 12 volts directly from the battery, the fuel comes out with more pressure through the injectors. what could that be? have a nice weekend.

As I stated, your injectors should POP a healthy shot of fuel consistently, a very fine spray like a mini pressure washer. I have read about people cleaning their own fuel injectors and there should be something about that on this forum. Total price, shipping for injector cleaning is around $60 or so from Fuel Injector man. I just don't see how all 4 of your injectors are not working so that leads me to other things which mainly is lack of fuel. So you need to test fuel pressure. I doubt anyone has replaced the fuel filters in the fuel canister in the fuel tank and I've replaced some that are in horrible condition. These filters break down into very small particles so they can plug up the system. I'd stick with the fuel system troubleshooting as you obviously have a problem with it.

I've seen these filters a lot worse than this. The insides break down.

2003 GTI RFI Fuel Pump Filter Change (1).JPEG

This is the fuel canister. The pot on top is the regulator. You can find this individual part if needed as well as the fuel pump at
Quantum Fuel Systems. Quantum You can find the filters at your local Advance Auto Parts but they won't be listed as Seadoo. Might be able to find the pump there as well if you need one. Pumps were around $99. Just in case you need any of that stuff. I'd pull the canister anyway and replace the filters. Good Luck.

2003 GTI RFI Fuel Pump Filter Change (2).JPEG

Last edited:
The battery is new and I have two sets of injectors and they both fail.
New as in just bought and just charged up for a few hours?or new as in I bought battery last season and just getting around to it.by new battery we mean just bought and commissioned the correct way.90 percent of problems on these is battery related.it needs good amps not good voltage.

Back