Seadoo gtx rfi problem

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

steven howie

Hi All - new member here - ive had 3 great trouble free years with my seadoo GTX RFI milleniom edition. Last outing the engine would turn over but no start - I have checked for compression and spark and they are fine - replaced fuel pump and filters and regulator. Since found that with a test light on my injector plugs they just glow dimly for a second when cranking then nothing - these should be flashing away during cranking similar to the spark plug. So i dont know if my ecu is broken or if one of its input sensors is broken - Any ideas how to check for codes or do i need a dealer to run a diagnostic ?

I'd check your coil and if you have a spare or a buddy with a coil try swapping it out. I find the Candoo and any software is limited on what it can tell you about the RFI. Basic troubleshooting and a multi-meter work best for me.

hi - thanks for reply - i dont think its the coil as the spark plugs are working fine - its the injectors that arent getting a signal to spray

Oh sorry.... misread your post. :) Hmmmm.... Now that is an issue. :D I don't have those cool little devices. LOL I pull the fuel rail and have a look at the firing. Since it is shutting the injector down electrically you might not have an issue with the MPEM. What year GTX? Still need to pull that Number 4 plug off the MPEM, download those pages in the manual that show how to check each individual sensor and get out the multi meter. It's not a bad job. Warning I Noticed a misprint in the manual It shows terminal 1 instead of 11 during the TPS sensor check. If memory serves. Good Luck.

The repair manual. If you join here as a premium member you can view and download the manuals.

Manual says to check the wires to the TPS if you are not getting readings. Don't go thowing parts at it. LOL Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back