Seadoo GTI LE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
1. It's not helping matters to be pulling on the lanyard while trying to start it, reason why the beeping is all over the place. 2. Possible battery issue, either going bad, not holding a charge, or needs a full charge.

Check the battery voltage while cranking with the spark plugs in place. My XP with a good battery dropped to 11.6 volts while cranking. You can remove the plugs and crank it to see what it does with no compression. Usually turns over much better but that doesn't prove anything. Kinda like starting the ski in the driveway then taking it to the water. :) Good Luck !!

So the starter is bad from the Motor being locked up. Since I'm doing a motor change does anyone have any advice for me? This is the Seadoo 720 motor

What is bad on the starter? Typically you can just replace the brushes on the OEM starter and they are good to go.

Whatever you do Do Not buy and aftermarket starter as they just don't last.

So the starter is bad from the Motor being locked up. Since I'm doing a motor change does anyone have any advice for me? This is the Seadoo 720 motor

You verified it's the motor locked up and not the jet pump? Did it flood at some point? there's a puddle of water in the bottom..

You verified it's the motor locked up and not the jet pump? Did it flood at some point? there's a puddle of water in the bottom..

Jet pump is out and the starter is burnt from trying to free the locked up motor. No history was told it shut off and didn't start when bought from previous owner.

Well it wasn't a lie. :) "Just awful careless with the truth" as my uncle would say. He had a way with words. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back