Seadoo 720 Factory Pipe Water Injection

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

CreekerMike

Greetings and salutations to all.
I recently acquired two factory pipes for the 717/720. Planning on running one on my 95 XP project. Im pretty confident with the jetting/carb setup. But im a little fuzzy on the water injection setup.
I have two manifolds. One has the ecwi solenoid and the other has some sort of restrictor. I know there's a good bit of threads on the ecwi but I haven't found much about this restrictor.
Was this something FP sold or is this something someone made? Is it necessary? Or can I just run the factory and npt fitting? Any advice or knowledge is much apreciated.20211014_141605.jpg20211014_143156.jpg20211014_143200.jpg

Your best bet is going to be @Matt Braley but he hasn't been here in quite a while.

Also there are two factory pipes for the 720 and the early ones with a smaller stinger will eat pistons and there is nothing you can do so check into verifying the size.

Your best bet is going to be @Matt Braley but he hasn't been here in quite a while.

Also there are two factory pipes for the 720 and the early ones with a smaller stinger will eat pistons and there is nothing you can do so check into verifying the size.
Thank you miki, ive started a conversation with Matt. Sadly he hasn't responded. I have verified one of my pipes has the 34mm stinger and one has the 38mm stinger. Working on finding a good tig ship near me to modify the 34mm pipe.

And the adjustment screw is the very small Allen bolt? Just bottom it out clockwise and then go 1/2 turn out? Seems like such a small bolt to make a big change with only half a turn.

Yeah the adjustment screw is that Allen bolt fpp recommends 3/8 turns out from bottom but to start off I went with 3/4 to 7/8 out
33baed1ebe717271350202314931e7ba.jpg

Yeah the adjustment screw is that Allen bolt fpp recommends 3/8 turns out from bottom but to start off I went with 3/4 to 7/8 out
View attachment 57069
Awesome. I was a little confused on that part. I was under the impression the adjustment screw was the one ontop of the ecwi. If that's the case then I probably don't need to run any kind of restrictor or adjuster to the nozzle ontop of the header right?

If anyone figures out what type of fitting that is ide apreciate knowing. May need one if I set up another fp.

If you have the micro touch and ecwi solenoid then no, but I didn’t have any of that stuff so I had to use a flow restricter.

If you have the micro touch and ecwi solenoid then no, but I didn’t have any of that stuff so I had to use a flow restricter.
So you still ran the flow restrictor to the first fitting ontop the pipe and then the small Allen adjuster screw is to control the water flow in the second fitting on the bottom side of the pipe?

Yeah, I ran a flow restricter to where the ecwi solenoid would be, before installing the solenoid. Then kept Allen screw. the second fitting on the other side of the manifold is the water drain that goes to the pisser.

Being completely honest with ya, there’s really no point to having the factory pipe on there without the ecwi, in my experience my ski was actually slower top end compared to my dads stock hx side by side. You either have no bottom end with amazing top end, or amazing bottom end with no top end depending on what you set the water restricter to.

After installing the ecwi you get the best of both worlds, amazing bottom end with amazing top end.

I love working on stuff but this pipe is a constant battle of dicking with it vs actually riding it.

Yeah, I ran a flow restricter to where the ecwi solenoid would be, before installing the solenoid. Then kept Allen screw. the second fitting on the other side of the manifold is the water drain that goes to the pisser.

Being completely honest with ya, there’s really no point to having the factory pipe on there without the ecwi, in my experience my ski was actually slower top end compared to my dads stock hx side by side. You either have no bottom end with amazing top end, or amazing bottom end with no top end depending on what you set the water restricter to.

After installing the ecwi you get the best of both worlds, amazing bottom end with amazing top end.

I love working on stuff but this pipe is a constant battle of dicking with it vs actually riding it.
Well I guess I'll have to do some testing between the ecwi and no ecwi. I like the idea of it, but I dont want it it to give out on me. Regardless im gonna have to run one of my skis without it since I have 2 complete pipes but only one ecwi. Thats a ways down the road though. I apreciate all your help and knowledge. Ill chime back in if I run into any issues. Thank you so much.

Well I guess I'll have to do some testing between the ecwi and no ecwi. I like the idea of it, but I dont want it it to give out on me. Regardless im gonna have to run one of my skis without it since I have 2 complete pipes but only one ecwi. Thats a ways down the road though. I apreciate all your help and knowledge. Ill chime back in if I run into any issues. Thank you so much.

No problem! Glad to help!

Little update. I replaced the original "kip inc." Valve with a new stainless valve that shares similiar specs. In an old post Matt recommended this as a replacement so im gonna give it a shot. I feel like the weight of the valve may be an issue during hard riding but I could be wrong. If this doesn't work out well ill just shell out the money for an actual kip.20211023_104824.jpg20211023_104838.jpg20211023_104833.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back