Seadoo 2008 upgrades

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rcguy

I bought my Seadoo on 12/7/2013 and it was in good condition with only 44 hours on its 215 supercharged Rotax engine. I had a 2003 Sportster and the boat was a bit too small for my liking. I sold the Sportster in the spring of 2013. So now I had a very nice boat and decided to make a few upgrades that I think the boat needed. Here is the list of the upgrades. I did all the upgrades myself except for the supercharger.

1- I had the supercharger pulled and found out it had ceramic washers. Since the boat was built in May of 2008, Seadoo hadn't changed over to steel washers yet. I had the supercharger completely rebuilt. $575.00

2- HydroTurf bougth and installed it myself. Got the light grey diamond cut. The boat is a lot safer because it is slip resistant and looks great. $275.00

3- Second battery added with Pergo battery switch. $175.00

4- Installed a Lowrance Elite-5 HDI combo GPS with conventional and downscan sonar. $500.00

5- Jensen Stereo(MSR3012RTL) with a Jensen remote (9MWR100) and 4 new speakers(Kicker09KM6130 Led lighted Marine 6.5" Water proof coaxial). $400.00. Made new wire harnass for the speakers. $20.00 The speakers have blue LED lights so I added a rocker switch in the dash to control the lights $10.00

6- Poppy fitted cover. $355.00 well worth it.

7- 12 volt adapter installed in dash for charging my smart phone. $10.00

8- Stainless steel grab handles for the rear which also double a fishing rod holders.$90.00 for both rod holders and rails.

9- Iridium spark plugs for the Rotax engine. Plugs should burn hotter and last longer but that is questionable. $22.00

10- Replaced broken electric horn. $10.00

11- Replaced both bucket seats. New seats with flip up bolsters(Veada Industries HS200B). $800.00 Needed new aluminum seat bases which allow the seats dual motion.
Sold the seats that came with the boat. -$300.00

So $2200 later I have the boat I want. I was expensive but well worth it. The weather here in Florida is getting warmer and can't wait for the boating season to begin for me. The Gulf of Mexico is about 58 degrees and to cold for my old bones if I have to go in and clean out the intake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Old thread I know, but do have pics of what you did here? All them upgrades sound awesome. Would love to see it

I posted all the pictures around the same time ..... search, "Challenger upgrade pictures" 2-18-15. All the pictures are there.

Last edited by a moderator:
I posted all the pictures around the same time ..... search, "Challenger upgrade pictures" 2-18-15. All the pictures are there.

Didn't come up. Damn I hate the search on this site. I searched challenger upgrade pictures.... Nothing came up in results. Do you have a link?

Use the google search function the site.. it works much better. It can be found on the right bar and at the top of the screen when you scroll down on any page :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back