seadoo 2007 150 speedster 215

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kurt

Newbee with boat. One hour on it. Problem with loss of speed at 5000 rpm think it is the reverse gate not locked in place. Any comments or stories

I just brought my 2007 215 speedster in. Goes up to 8000 rpm but speed of 30 mph, if I punch it no speed. Just got call from shop and 99% sure some debri in there to clean out. Said I could remove reverse gate to get to the impellers to clean out myself. Anyone ever done this and is it easy to do. Remove of grate does not help get into the impeller.

Thanks for the info. I brought my 150 back to dealer today. Told him about my reverse gate theory. He said they will adjust linkage. When boat in water first time on Hudson River NY got up to 30 mph at half throttle. Still in breakin mode. Wake tower with top deployed has a 35 mph speed limit so did not want to exceed. Then I think I sucked in debris. Speed dropped to 3 mph at 5000rpm. tried reverse
no good then punched throttle. debris cleared went back up to 30 mph at 5000 rpm. Think reverse gate is also part of problem. PS had strange vibration while speed was reduced by unknow cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back