SeaDek - Pro's Vs Con's? Can anyone chime in who has first hand experience on their Sea doo Boat?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Distorted

I'm ordering a custom Seadek pattern for my Seadoo from JetBoatPilot.

I was going to go with Hydroturf, but after seeing it deteriorate on a friends boat within only 3 years, I found SeaDek.
It's also 3-4 times the cost however. Will it last??

Here is and example of what I plan to order for my 230 Wake.
Tricolor, Storm Gray over Ruby Red over Midnight Black. 9mm thickness.
Sea Doo Challenger 230 Wake Pattern Example.png

Has anyone ever used seadeck on the sides of the interior around the footwells?

I have it in my boat... and I've received nothing but good comments from passengers. If you can afford it, put it in. I have the straight lined version.

We've had it in ours for a couple of seasons now. Looks great and we love it. I will warn you that it can "burn" and recede a bit on the edges if it gets super hot from direct sunlight.

I have a couple of arcs burnt into the foot pad under the helm. Apparently the sun was reflecting off the chrome pieces on the throttle and basically creating a pinpoint of sunlight (like holding a magnifying glass) and this pinpoint of light burned an arc (as the sun traveled overhead) into the mat.

I now cover the throttle lever with a T Shirt when parked or left in the song for long periods to avoid this continuing.

I've also had some shrinkage in the open bow for similar reasons of reflected light. I'm in Florida and out on the boat a lot, so this may not apply to everyone, but it's been my experience with the product, and I still love it. I just need to take some extra precautions to keep it nice.

Bottom line: well worth the money and way better looking than Hydroturf IMO.

I’m so glad I pulled the trigger on the SeaDek over hydroturf. Had on for one season so far and no shrinkage or burning, I’m in the Pacific Northwest and keep it covered when not in use so I’m sure that helps.

Only problem we’ve had was on the swim deck, had a wakeboard fin put a small cut. Kind of like first dent in a car. Only I really notice unless you’re really looking for.

Everyone who’s been in since has commented on. Will absolutely buy again. The kit from Jet Boat Pilot was perfect. Seeing the pattern above I sort of wished I had gone that custom route but I’m still super pleased with what we have.

IMG_2245.JPG

I'm ordering a custom Seadek pattern for my Seadoo from JetBoatPilot.

I was going to go with Hydroturf, but after seeing it deteriorate on a friends boat within only 3 years, I found SeaDek.
It's also 3-4 times the cost however. Will it last??

Here is and example of what I plan to order for my 230 Wake.
Tricolor, Storm Gray over Ruby Red over Midnight Black. 9mm thickness.
View attachment 46700

Has anyone ever used seadeck on the sides of the interior around the footwells?
That's actually a good color choice. If you ever have to dump a body overboard and spill a little blood it won't be as noticeable if it stains and can't be removed.
Seriously though I like that color combination. It's very eye catching. Something for me to consider when I decide to do my boat.

Easy to install, and a huge upgrade over the snap in carpet. Not cheap, but worth it. Bough it last fall when JetBoatPilot had a sale on a kit for the entire boat.

Attachments

• IMG_7801.JPG
    IMG_7801.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_7877.JPG
    IMG_7877.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
This may be asking for trouble, but is yellow SeaDek an available color?

Last edited:
JPass and DooGuy convinced me last year - after seeing their installs. Absolutely no regrets and as others state, many guests comment favorably when they board my boat. When the SeaDek went on sale last Sept. I pulled the trigger. Easy to install and I pitched the grey stuff the previous owner had installed. One of the pics shows a pre-install comparison. Doo it.

2019-10-13 16.07.37.jpg2019-10-03 16.59.29.jpg2019-10-03 16.59.21.jpg2019-10-05 14.27.12.jpg2019-10-13 16.06.53.jpg2019-10-03 18.02.01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back