Sea doo won’t go

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schopps

Hey Guys. My mother’s 2017 GTI 90 (82 hrs) will only go a couple miles per hour. She had been going along for about 20 minutes and it all of a sudden wouldn’t really move. It mainly just revved. She got towed back. I pulled it from the water and checked the impeller. I see nothing around the impeller or in the nozzle. The ibr gate is going up out of the water and the engine sounds fine. The wear ring doesn’t look great but could it be so bad that the sea doo only goes a couple mph? Also she had some water in the hull but one of her plugs was loose and it had been tied to the dock for a couple weeks. Yes I told her a few weeks ago to periodically check the hull for water but she didn’t. I’ve taken nothing apart yet but I can spin the impeller by the drive shaft with some effort. I have a shop manual and was planning on taking the jet pump out tomorrow or Wednesday to check for debri. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Last edited:
Hi! Had the same issue on my 2018 GTI yesterday. Removed bucket and impeller and the drive shaft fell out. The front seal holding the shaft to engine was torn to bits. I am ordering parts to replace a badly gouged wear ring and impeller in addition to drive shaft boots and rings. Good luck.

Hi! Had the same issue on my 2018 GTI yesterday. Removed bucket and impeller and the drive shaft fell out. The front seal holding the shaft to engine was torn to bits. I am ordering parts to replace a badly gouged wear ring and impeller in addition to drive shaft boots and rings. Good luck.
Hey Andy. Did you get it done yet? Did it fix the issue?

The plot thickens. Driveshaft splines on engine side are crushed. The next question is what about the splines in the engine. As I won’t try and remove engine it’s now in shop. But if your splines look good just replace the boot, ring and impeller if need be. It’s not a tough job.

I finally got around to taking apart the sea doo. The protector sleeve on the engine side of the drive shaft was in 2 pieces. The engine side oetiker clamp wasn’t very tight. I think the drive shaft moved itself back, disengaged and ripped the sleeve. All the splines seem to be intact. Is there anything I’m missing?C7CFE3D6-6B98-42D0-9D30-75B1244339CE.jpeg385A9A61-E76E-42AD-802A-C104140ED5AA.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back