Sea Doo Spark Whining Sound

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

EddieRock

I've got a 2017 Sea Doo Spark Trixx and it has slowly developed a whining sound. I think it's due to a bearing in the jet but I'm not sure. I've checked the wear ring and it's fine. Also I have no power loss either.

The best way I can explain or show is from a youtube video I uploaded. Please see video in my 2nd reply as this forum won't let me post a link to a video :( Well that sucks!!!

Let me know what you think? I'd hate to pull it out and bring it in as if it's in the jet pump, I can take that off and bring it in.

Here is a pic of the jet and wear ring as well. The black part where the drive shaft looks worn or broken as well. Maybe that's it.

Attachments

• jetski_8-26-2020 9-30-01 PM.png
    jetski_8-26-2020 9-30-01 PM.png
    392.8 KB · Views: 35
hmm sounds like something stuck in the impeller or possibly bad pump bearings? I haven't heard one with bad bearings yet, but I don't want to rule it out. That cone on the intake side of the impeller looks wrong as well that metal ring should be over the rubber piece, and the rubber piece should be on the driveshaft.
Remove the pump, it is only a couple of bolts. I would do this and inspect that the bearings feel right and spin smoothly. And when reinstalling onto the driveshaft, use petroleum jelly or some lube to get the driveshaft to go into that rubber cone without smashing it.

yah. I somewhat agree. I can pull it but I'm not sure how it will sound in hand not connected to the driveshaft. I wasl almost thinking to take the pump and swap it with my other spark to see if the sound followed the pump. If so, then bingo. got it. This means I gotta get off my ass and stand in the water to swap them. Ugh!

I would put it on the trailer. Pull out of water and pull off pump and check it while on the trailer. I’ve done this for a guy at the river once. It didn't take too long.

Best of luck. I hope it’s just something simple.

Last edited:
I recently had a friend who had a similar sounding issue. It turned out to be stripped splines on the PTO sleeve.

Back