Sea-Doo Spark Turbo - Rotax 900 (S)HO ACE Turbo

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
this is as funny as the $6k super chargers I see for my Wrangler... for 6k I could drop in a bigger engine. for a $5k ski + $5k install... yea... I'll just pickup a used RXP-X260 for $11,000 new end of season...

Sorry, the numbers just don't work for me.

Funny thing is where I go wheelin I have seen a couple jk's with that magic 6k super charger.
There is always someone with more money then sense.....
If I get a spark it will be for fun not speed. So while the thought of a 160HP spark is interesting it won't be something I would throw money at.
Jm2c

Not worth the cost at 5k

I'm of the opinion that if you want a faster ski you buy a faster ski. The more mods you add the more you will be working on it. I love the speed but it comes at a cost.

The Spark is priced to sell and people who can't afford a 10k ski but really want one will likely jump all over the Spark. They won't spend another 5k to increase the speed as they don't have it.

To answer your question, I'd say no more than $2k would generate some sales but's that's probably not possible.

I've been very involved in this sport for over 20 years and I remember the days when purchasing a $6500 ski and investing more than that into it yo gain 50% more power if you're lucky! Now I know as of now the VAST majority aren't buying a spark with aspirations of racing as was done in the 90's with similarly priced skis but dear Lord!!! 170hp in a 400lb hull would out accelerate just about anything!! It would be pure venom. Has anyone ever experienced a 150hp X4? Just imagine that lighter with more power. I get that the "mindset" of what the spark is doesn't line up with the current idea of a high performance ski but I would pay RXPX pricing any day for a 170hp 400lb brand new ski. As of this moment though I'm sure I'm the minority. I just despise the X skis. I really do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

i think a 5k turbo would just be too much for this ski. however if some one would rework the intake/exhaust to get the power and top speed up to a x4 for cheap i think it would sell like hot cakes.

I am sure most looking at the spark would never spend that kind of money on a upgrade like that but I am sure there are people that would! 150hp in a spark would give you a better power to weight ratio than an rxpx and you would still be $5000 less, yes I know you wouldn't have all the other features of the higher end machines! But isn't that what we are talking about? A budget ski that is very light and with a turbo or supercharger it would have the power to do things the bigger machines are just to heavy to do. Whats wrong with a Spark that retails for 10000+ for the top shelf model if it has all the stuff on it that people want? It's still a lot cheeper than a new Rxpx 260 or Rxt 260. So go out and buy a used ski for the same price? They are still twice the weight and I don't want to take the chance on a used one unless I know where it came from.

just my .02

If done by seadoo it wouldn't have to be 10k as they would be factory installing forced induction on a mass level. I'm thinking 8500 max without any other features.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I test rode the 90HP ( 2up ) Spark on Saturday.. My first thought was, it looked cheap, plastic parts , no fiberglass.. but as I hit the end of the no wake zone, ( IN SPORT MODE ).. I gave it throttle, and it took off ! Acceleration was impressive ! I gave it all it had.. It seemed pretty quick , close to what my RXDI can do.. but I felt my 02 RXDI had a bit more top end.. but not by much.

The spark turns on a dime.. Owning 95 SPi and 96 XP's , this Spark is much more nimble then any of those machines.. This thing spins 360's with ease.. and jump your own wake on the way out. Playing around with it, it actually almost threw me off a couple times.. If I could ask for anything from the Spark , I would say just a bit more HP for an extra few mph.. but talking to the reps this weekend , I heard a rumor Riva Racing was soon working on a ECM that boost the 900 Ace to 110 Hp, That would probably sell me on a new Spark for sure.

At this point my RXDI needs a full rebuild and a new fuel pump.. at $3200 .. Its got me thinking.. Full Rebuild or New Spark ?

If Seadoo has a Demo ride in your area, GO and give this Spark a ride !

Back