Sea-Doo Spark Solas 12/17 impeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

jamesf221

Hey guys. PWC Muscle hooked me up with a tune for my new Spark.. should I also add the impeller to get better performance out of this thing? What are your thoughts? I thought the tune would be enough but I NEED POWER!

I don't say this being mean but maybe look for a bigger ski to start if you really crave speed and power... I would check with pwc muscle and see what they recommend cuz the tune will be set up for the impeller you already most likely, have you might have to be re tuned depending on how wild a change you make. and whatever you gain on the bottom you will lose in top end so its gonna be a trade off...

As Nike1200 mentioned, in most cases if you gain on the bottom end you lose on the top end relative to changing the impeller. The times this is not accurate is, when you can increase the engine RPMs over what they were (factory) and or add items to the engine to increase its power.

So, in your case, the tune plus an impeller would likely be a good combination. [MENTION=2]hfgreg[/MENTION] would be able to confirm my though process as he has good knowledge pertaining to the tune you obtained.

Yes, the impeller is a recommended upgrade along with the tune. While it won't product the power of a PX it will surely be more nimble.

Back