Sea Doo RXP-X 300 flywheel bolts stator failure...fools gold?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

RXTX0910

My 2016 RXP-X 300 sheared off all the flywheel bolts, destroying the stator, flywheel cover sending filings from stator which look like fools gold thru-out the engine. So being my machine has 115 hrs I'm being told Sea Doo most likely won't cover anything. This is a defect in the Sea Doo engines according to several post. RIVA racing is also aware and provides a high performance flywheel bolt. Just thought a possible explanation for this so called fools gold might save some Sea Doo owners the headaches I'm facing. Sea Doo should take ownership of this issue if they're an upstanding manufacturer. View attachment 38559

One would think a known problem would be on a recall list..but since it isn't a safty issue they duck the issue

I have a 2016 RXT 260 and have had nothing but problems. The first time it stranded me it had 59 hours on it. A bolt sheared off the flywheel and bounced around and shredded the stator. I ended up eating the $1642 in labor on that one since it was 2 years old. The next time roughly 15 hours later the same thing. But BRP actually covered the cost of a long block and gave me a year warranty which was very nice of them. So here I am about 2 weeks after my warranty is up from the last time and it stranded me again. Sounds like the same thing. I have a total of 81 hours on the machine and am most likely looking at the 3rd engine on this thing.

Back