sea doo gti 155 2007 reliable?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josivers

as the title says,is this a fairly reliable jet(engine),and does it require a diagnostic tester to read trouble codes etc?

as the title says,is this a fairly reliable jet(engine),and does it require a diagnostic tester to read trouble codes etc?

the 155 is a bulletproof motor.. if they are taken care of they will last forever... possibly the most reliable motor brp offered, nice power supplied by them also.

look into a candoo for your trouble shoot codes.

thanks! is it hard finding parts? did a quick search and i doesnt look like there to many selling parts for this pwc...i dont think i will be able to get my hands on a candoo(unless i by it myself),is it the only way i read/delete codes?

edit- looking at a 2007 mod that has 78 hours on it,anything i should look out for?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like i am now buying one that have over 200 hours on it. Is this
a dumb move?

200 hours isn't a lot of hours but it definitely is NOT low hours...

You have to figure 200 on an 07 is reasonable but these machines are cheap enough to where you may be better off waiting for a lower hour machine to come about...

It all depends on the price point... What are they asking for the ski??

Looks like i am now buying one that have over 200 hours on it. Is this
a dumb move?

I wouldn't hesitate to buy one at the right price. Right price being key though. Do you have your heart set on a GTI? On my side of town I tend to see some older GTX 4tecs 02-04 go for the same price as the 07 GTI. At roughly the same price and hours I'd take a slightly older GTX over a GTI any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Much better build quality and hull design. Nothing wrong with the GTI as far as reliability goes but it is an entry level model. Just something to think about.

Thanks for the reply's. Its hard to know if the price is good,as it is nothing to compare to.i do not have my heart set on the gti,its just that it seems like this is the most reliable jet in the price range i am looking.and as far as the gtx,there is not one single gtx for sale in the whole country. So as you understand the market here is really limited.

It is only going to be used a couple of months each year,so i dont want a jet that sits in the garage waiting for parts...

Thanks for the reply's. Its hard to know if the price is good,as it is nothing to compare to.i do not have my heart set on the gti,its just that it seems like this is the most reliable jet in the price range i am looking.and as far as the gtx,there is not one single gtx for sale in the whole country. So as you understand the market here is really limited.

It is only going to be used a couple of months each year,so i dont want a jet that sits in the garage waiting for parts...

5 sec search came up with over 20 used GTXs within 250 miles of Detroit

This being the cheapest:

http://www.pwctrader.com/listing/2003-Sea-Doo-Gtx-215-110488831

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back