Sea Doo Back in the Boat Business? 2022 Pontoon Switch

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

cheappc

So what does everyone on here feel about the new pontoons by Sea Doo? Its funny, I heard pontoons are the best selling boats recently, is this true?

Reactions: 300
they’ll be super popular with some but not my taste. Pontoons have exploded everywhere, Especially performance and luxury ones. I’ve seen a few with twin 350s up here that move.

It's funny, one of my family members was talking about buying a pontoon boat (at some point in the future) the day before this announcement. I sent the Switch information over to them and they got excited about it. I think they liked it overall.

I'm not sure I love the handlebars as the steering control, but this is a first gen product. I wonder if at some point in time Seadoo will offer a 300HP variant, or maybe even dual motors

I totally understand and support the concept, but it still feels wrong to see a pontoon without an outboard hanging off the transom.

I think it is a great idea but I second the steering comment. Handle bars make sense on a PWC as you lean into the turns, not on a boat.

Also, one thing that appeals to me about a pontoon is the durability of big Ole metal pontoons. I would never beach anything fiberglass.

Also, curious how much flex will be in the whole setup.

A friend of mine is seriously considering so hopefully I will get a close up view of one next year.

Interesting move by Sea-doo. Pontoons seem to be the craze right now, so maybe they'll hit it big with these. Would love to see a more detailed explanation of how they differ mechanically than say a modern jet, etc..

Cool Idea, but I hate the handlebars. They at least need a separate boat type throttle. I often drive my bowrider standing up with one hand on the wheel so I can look better at the water. I don't want to be forced to have both hands on the "wheel" to make it go. And the finger throttle on my new skis is tough on the hand. My fingers get tired or fall asleep.

I think it is a great idea but I second the steering comment. Handle bars make sense on a PWC as you lean into the turns, not on a boat.

Also, one thing that appeals to me about a pontoon is the durability of big Ole metal pontoons. I would never beach anything fiberglass.

Also, curious how much flex will be in the whole setup.

A friend of mine is seriously considering so hopefully I will get a close up view of one next year.
It’s plastic, like the spark. After decades of fibreglass boats, I for one like the idea.

So what does everyone on here feel about the new pontoons by Sea Doo? Its funny, I heard pontoons are the best selling boats recently, is this true?
I need any inputs. I plan on putting a order in on one. any suggestions

First thing i noticed is the handlebars, hate the handlebars, hope they change this setup.. hopefully soon.

First thing i noticed is the handlebars, hate the handlebars, hope they change this setup.. hopefully soon.
They are for jet ski owners. For those who have been using these with IBR for 5 yrs., no learning curve. Also great for the only boat with brakes.

I see the Switch as a literal switch - from jet skis to a growing or more comfortable family hauler, but still something familiar. I can see me abandoning two seadoos and switching to a Switch at some point. Also simple and easy for entry level boaters - they aren’t going after the traditional boaters. I think they are a bit under powered, and a 300 will be coming soon, but power is adequate for what most need and want. I think they are going to be expensive, after you buy the seats and flooring you want. But there are many young and affluent buyers out there, and this fits right into that demographic.

Thanks so much for YOUR opinions and comments. If you have any other suggestions , please let me know. I hope to have the 18 ft ,red sport 230 by my birthday in Dec. I will NOT abandon my 2021 RXP-X. I may sale the 2016 GTX-300 and get the 2022 Yamaha. I will stay on a jet ski as long as GOD will allow.

Well I think they are great. I put an order in for a Sport 18ft 230hp, 2 weeks ago. I just got an email from them that they have accepted the order. The down side is the delivery date isn't until July of 22. Wow, I was hoping to have earlier. Has any one else found the delivery to be that far out? I do wish I could see one. I was hoping to see one at the Newport show this week end.

Thanks so much for YOUR opinions and comments. If you have any other suggestions , please let me know. I hope to have the 18 ft ,red sport 230 by my birthday in Dec. I will NOT abandon my 2021 RXP-X. I may sale the 2016 GTX-300 and get the 2022 Yamaha. I will stay on a jet ski as long as GOD will allow.
Hi, Can I ask did u get a delivery date? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago and got an email saying expect it in July.

I placed an order back in OCT and was told expect July-Aug 2022 time frame. 18' Cruise (170). Feels like waiting forever!

My dealer said sea doo would send me a certificate number and do not lose it. I have not gotten it. I wanted to change my selection, he said I could ,but I would get it a lot later. That is all I can tell you, sorry. It is just wait. I did not change my order.

Well, my new delivery date is Aug. lol. just in time to put it away for the winter
Has anyone found a floating platform that you can store the switch on while at the marina? I don't want to keep it in the salt water

I too, still waiting. I need a lift or floating platform for boat house. Thanks for this question .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back