Sea Doo 1995 SPX get to propeller

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary

Hi This is the first time I have tried to use this site.So here goes.
This season when I take off on my jet ski the engine reves up but it takes longer to get my thrust. I thought I would take the back of the housing and check the propeller out. I disconnected the steering linkage and the trim. Took the 4 bolts out the back but couldn't get that part to seperate. Tapped on the part litely, but was afraid I would break something . I then removed the 4 nuts on the back of the outside housing. This came loose at the bottom but is stuck at the top. I then backed out the screws on the bottom plate and grill, but can't budge it . I would like to know how to get to my propeller and if this is my problem anyway. It may be something else. Thank you Gary

Hey Gary , welcome to the Forum. If your seadoo started to rev fine and just not have the pick up, or power, as it used to have could be the wear ring around the Impeller could be bad...oh yea propellers are on airplains, because it is in the jet housing it is concidered a impeller. I would suggest you join as a premium member and download a manual for you seadoo. It isn't exspensive , and it will give you a diagram of parts, and removal and install proceedure. Parts get exspensive, and no sence breaking anything by forcing things. If you still have problems give us a shout and I'm sure we will be able to help you out. People here are friendly and more than willing to help out.
Karl

Last edited by a moderator:
Getting to impeller 1995 SPX

Thanks for the info. Now all I have to do is figure out how to become a premium member . Gary:cheers:

My apologies Gary, click on the seadoo manual section at the top of the home page, it shows all the manuals availiable at this time. If you don't see what you want there is a section to request a manual you want. Troubleshooting, wire diagrams, torque specs., special tools needed for specific repairs, ect...it indicates that you have to pay for the premium membership of $10.95 per month to subscribe for the manual service. You than get to download any or all manuals you desire, in pdf form or print them if you like. The forum service accepts credit card info in a secure area. I have been a premium member for 2 months, and think is well worth the small fee. I have been looking for a paper back manual everywhere and can't find any. I even tried local repair shops and they tell me they don't exsist because they want to service my seadoo at $99.00 per hr., rather than me repairing my own. The money is well spent as you get manuals and it supports our forum. Sorry I didn't explain better in the other thread.
Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back