Scam-O-Rama

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

blacter

This one made me laugh. It's an email response to my inquiry about a Craigslist Sea-Doo that was priced attractively, to say the least. It's interesting to me that the centerpiece of the scam is one of our boats. Loved the free shipping.

Hello,

My name is Tiffany Brennan, I'm emailing you regarding the 2000 SEADOO SPORTSTER LE that I have for sale. The boat is in perfect condition, with no need for additional repairs, no scratches, dings, special marks whatsoever. It has 951cc, ROTAX jet drive 130HP. It has a clear title with no loans or liens on it. As a result of my divorce settlement I ended up with the boat, the title being on my name only. I work in the army as nurse so I don't need the boat anymore. I want the deal closed only through eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection in order for you to be 100% protected. You will make the payment to eBay and they will hold the money until you receive the boat. Only after you receive the boat and inspect it (for 7 days) eBay will release the payment to me, this way we are both protected. The last price is $2600. If you will take it for this price, I am willing to handle the shipping. Please get back to me asap if you decide to buy, and include in your e-mail your full name and address where you want it shipped so I can start the case with eBay. You will receive all the transaction payment and shipping details from them.

Thank you,
Tiffany

I can't stand the scammers on CL. I actually found a pretty good way to isolate my personal cell phone from them and contact info.

I created a separate gmail address specifically for CL. I then created a free Google Voice phone number. I now use that email address combined with that GV phone number to post things and contact sellers. This way if I get duped I am not giving away any email or phone number that I care about. Plus if you are like my buddy who has limited text and minutes on his cell, you can use the GV free for unlimited texts and minutes.

This has worked really well for me since I started using it.

I have gotten a bunch of those. I e-mail them back and tell them I am reporting them to local law enforcement and the FBI.:reddevil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back