Salt Water on Engine

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimraab

I have a 2005 GTX 4-Tec. I have noticed recently that when I bring my ski back after riding there is always salt water on top and the side of the engine. (see photos) I am wondering if this could be coming in from around the seat while riding or if I have a leak somewhere with the engine or hose. I don't recall this salt water issue in the past. I can tell you that there is no water accumulation at all in the hull of the ski. Any idea on where I should start?

Attachments

• IMAG0131.jpg
    IMAG0131.jpg
    830.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMAG0132.jpg
    IMAG0132.jpg
    530.1 KB · Views: 40
After about 3-4 rides I have very minimal salt IF I do not wash the engine, but I usually do each time. That looks like a lot to me.

I get not quite that much but still alot if Im playing in the surf with an 02 gtx 4-tec. I think it gets into the seat and then out through the base onto the engine.

That looks alot like a fine spray pattern to me, not a drip (as if from the seat above). You might want to leave the seats off and straddle the engine while running it for a few minutes and see if there is a small leak in 1 of the exhaust cooling lines...

- Michael

Michael,

That is a good suggestion as it does look like a spray. I will hopefully get to check it out tomorrow. Will let you know what I find.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back