RXP Oil Change

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Got Water?

So all the dealers are closed today and I'm wanting to go out and pick up some oil for my 2005 RXP SC. Any suggestions as to what types of oil to use? Not use? I'm wanting to go Mobile 1 synthetic. Can we run synthetic or do we need to stick with Dino oil? Thanks for the help.

No problem. Using synthetic will cause premature supercharger failure due to the washer design. We don't need to give these SCs any more reason to fail.

Nothing with the word synthetic in the SC motors. That's what everyone has told me including my dealer that sells that XPS synthetic blend. He told me to stay away from it. It decreases SC life by a lot.

Nothing with the word synthetic in the SC motors. That's what everyone has told me including my dealer that sells that XPS synthetic blend. He told me to stay away from it. It decreases SC life by a lot.

I was getting the same comment and read the same here. I contacted BRP and this was the reply:

Thank you for contacting BRP.

In response to your request, we now recommend the XPS synthetic blend for all Sea-Doo supercharged watercraft,

Not sayingthat was has been said was incorrect at all - just that I had the same concern and went straight to the source. I'd
like to think they know what they are doing but in many ways I have my doubts...

Ok that makes some sense but here's what we know for sure so far: synthetic oil causes premature sc washer failure and mineral oil has been know to prevent premature sc washer failure. Hmmmm......where would synthetic blend fall in this??

Ok that makes some sense but here's what we know for sure so far: synthetic oil causes premature sc washer failure and mineral oil has been know to prevent premature sc washer failure. Hmmmm......where would synthetic blend fall in this??

I know. It's very frustrating when BRP stated for years not to use synthetic and then all of a sudden back to a even semi-synthetic.

Why do people think synthetic is great. It is crap it thins down like water and you loose oil pressure. A good quality mineral in my experience is the best

In my case I use what they tell me too. I figure they should know what is best for their engine. After all they built it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back