RXP low rpm

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

randykalicki

I have a 2005 RXP and I changed the oil and I put a little to much in I think. I took out about 1/2 quart and I thought I was good. I was told that I could check it in my garage, just run it for about 1min. and then I could check. I went to the lake and still only have 7500rpm. I checked it at the lake and it seemed a little to full, just above the top indention on the dipstick. Took it back home and did the same check in garage as above and it was right in the middle of the upper and lower indention. I just had the supercharger rebuilt so I think Im good there, any suggestions?

Randy, be sure you have the correct oil in the engine...if it still persists, I would have the servicing dealer re-check his super charger rebuild.
Here is info on an oil change;
Changing the oil on a 4-tec engine…all models

1)420320920-$7.25
2)420850500-$8.99
3)420950860-$2.20

Oil filter /I use a K&N off their website.
1)KN556-$12.95

Oil 10w40 Mineral Oil/ or Synthetic Blend.
Be sure you use 10w40, marine 4 stroke Oil, with a API of SL, SJ or SN.
You need 3 L or 2.7 us quarts with filter for oil change.

Oil extractor from West Marine. Company Tempo, Part# 170200 Model# OB5 Retails about $50.00.
Change the oil when it is warm. Rev the engine to 4,000 rpm for 10 sec. and shut off at this rpm. This moves all the oil from the pto housing to the oil tank for maximum draining. Remove the oil filler cap and the dipstick. Insert the extractor tube in the dipstick 18.7 inches from the top of the dipstick pipe. Wrap tape around the tube to be sure it is in that deep. Next, extract the oil from the dipstick. (on pwc models only, the next step applies)When no more oil is extracted, pull the tube out of the dipstick hole and crank the engine(do not start) while the engine is in drown mode(fully depress the throttle lever, or on Jet Boats grab the throttle cable linkage at the throttle body and HOLD it open than crank the engine, get a friend to help)
Crank the engine for 10 seconds, Extract oil again, repeat crank extract 2-3 more times.
Keep track of how much oil you extract and add what you removed.

You will need a E-10 star socket or a 8mm,(6pt) socket to remove the oil filter cap. There are 3 "O" rings in the filter cap area if they are damaged change them. Check level, and go have fun. I hope this info helps.

Karl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back