RIPPING mad!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duane72

I pick up the 05 RXT we just spent $200 at the dealer to diagnose. I back it in the driveway and go to take the cover off and WHAT?? The OPAS paddles are GONE! And not just the paddles, but the mount plate and all! The bolts were unscrewed and both sides taken. I didn't notice as much at the dealer because the paddles were broken on both sides so it didn't stand out until I got up close. I don't believe it!!! :cuss:

Of course, I didn't drop the machine off, so there's no way to prove they were there before it got to the dealer or not. I can hear the conversation in the morning now... :cuss: THey were closed by the time I got home.

I'm NOT replacing those parts. This is a machine I just work on to keep it running for a friend and I know he won't want to dump the money into it anymore this season. So here's a question... can I just make a plate to bolt into the place of the mounts so the holes are covered??

MAN I AM RIPPED!!!!!! :cuss:

Man that's messed up!
But I think a 'lemon into lemonade' opportunity just dropped in your lap (not downplaying what happened)
I recall reading a thread recently about OPAS options, where there is a kit available that provides a plate for those that want to eliminate the paddles. It was within the last month I believe. I want to say that red2blue and Michael_2000 were talking about it, I'm not certain though.

Good Luck to Ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, you can make your own plates...seal them well....and don't just do the outside and leave the inside the pump area floppin around. You can also look for an opas block off....RE no longer makes them for the RXT...if you find them..they're worth their weight in gold. Uhm...lemme think here...there was another maker....didn't extend as far back as the RE's...but better than nuthin.

Lemme look around a bit.

here ya go.... http://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_1&products_id=986

If the link don't work...they're made by Riva.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yikes... can definitely make my own plates for less than $100. Won't look as fancy I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back