replacing ceramic washers in 2007 RXT

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

eakes3

I bought new spring washers from Riva. When looking at the sc rebuild direction from seadoo, they show the washers placed in different direction then the instructions that came with the washers from riva. Anybody have any idea why they are different and which instructions i should use.

Seadoo: sc )()()

Riva: sc )))()

Thanks

Kevin

Wow, I would give the guys at riva a shout and confirm this before installing and running it.

Being a 2007 with ceramic washers I'm assuming its never been rebuilt. That supercharger is overdue for a full rebuild. It is recommended every 100 hrs or about 2 years. Your bearings are on borrowed time.

eakes, correct me if I'm wrong but I think you may have been mislead somewhere along the line. The washers you've purchased are the spring washers and not the clutch washers. I guess I assumed you've purchased the whole kit. Have you replaced the clutch washers aswell?

Correct. I bought spring washers. Are they not the ceramic washers I have been reading about? Should I be replacing the clutch washers which are the ceramic ones. Are the spring washers the ones that will explode or is it the clutch washers?

Last edited by a moderator:
No unfortuneately not. If you look at your supercharger its the two washers one one each side of the drive gear. To be honest I would take KK's advice and do the full kit. As the 07 superchargers are bit of pain in that the two washers are not identical. The inner diameters of the washers are actually different it just makes it a pain in the ass when getting parts. What I would recommend is to get the 08 kit. You'll get a new shaft, needle bearings new clutch washers basically everything you need. I have/had two of the 07 superchargers in my boat and I went with the new kits so that the washers are the same on each side of the gear. It will save you headaches down the road when you need to change them again.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think I was mislead, it was ignorance on my part. So you are saying the 08 kit will fit my 07 and the shaft is the same diameter where the clutch washers are placed. Do you recommend a site to buy the 08 kit? Thank you for the advice, you have been a great help.

You definately seem pretty mechanically inclined ... Get a hold of the guys at pwcmuscle (link at the top). I'm pretty sure they can help you out. They also offer discounts to members here so that will save you some quid. Give them a call and tell them you have an 07 supercharger and want to buy the 08'+ rebuild kit. Ask them about the tools too. I think they can hook you up.

Here is a link to the kit I would recommend.

http://www.pwcmuscle.com/supercharger-shaft-clutch-kit-08-spec-rebuild-kit.html

I've noticed there's not much price difference in the 08+ rebuild kits. Online is usually a few bucks cheaper than at the dealer but once you add shipping its a wash.

Also if you shoot JoeZ or hfGreg a personal message they can advise you of a promo code for your purchase.

Looks like you are squared away, but for anyone else, the promo code on PWCMuscle is 'SDF10', which saves you 10% on all purchase.

What year supercharger did seadoo start saying these chargers can go 250 hrs?? What's the difference between these kits to make them last longer?? I had the local dealer advice me of this. Are they inaccurate? Thx. Sorry to cut into this thread.

What year supercharger did seadoo start saying these chargers can go 250 hrs?? What's the difference between these kits to make them last longer?? I had the local dealer advice me of this. Are they inaccurate? Thx. Sorry to cut into this thread.

my understanding is it is the same kit with the upgraded washers that we have been buying all along. SEADOO recommended rebuild after 200-250 hours. but EXPERIENCED RIDERS and ESTABLISHED SEADOO MECHANICS still recommend full rebuild after 100 hours.. theres still a ceramic cradle which can fail any time around the 100 hour mark. anything more you are still begging for trouble.

All the new kits say 200hrs. However the bearings were not upgraded and become the weak point after around 100 hrs. Not worth the gamble with an expensive motor like the 4tec.

Understood! I have my ski at the dealer now for the starter drive to be replaced. It has 60 hrs on it. I ask the dealer to rebuild the supercharger while it was there for repair. The dealer was quite adamant about it being to early.. They said to bring it back over 100 hrs. They literally said they wouldn't do it and that these chargers go 200 + hrs. Thank guys for such a quick response.. I will do my stuff at 100hrs!

On a side note, I have a used SC that came off a 2005 RXT 215hp that only has 77hrs on it. It DOES still have the ceramic washers. I upgraded the SC and don't have any use for this one anymore. It's in great shape with no problems. Anybody interested in it?

On a side note, I have a used SC that came off a 2005 RXT 215hp that only has 77hrs on it. It DOES still have the ceramic washers. I upgraded the SC and don't have any use for this one anymore. It's in great shape with no problems. Anybody interested in it?

Throw it up on eBay. I saw one with the upgraded washers with 20hrs one it fetch over $500. While yours won't go for that much you'll still get a decent amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back