Replaced oil pumps..got a pulse of oil but still seems to be air in lines??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
Replaced both oil pumps due to the fact that the previous owner was running pre mix and I’d prefer to use the oil injection system.

I have everything all back together and took it down to back into the water last night on trailer, trying to get carbs straightened out so it will run and wanted to get oil pumping through the small tygon lines so I can get back to injection.

Before firing it up and after replacing the pumps..I reached down to the bleeder screws and loosened until oil was gushing out of them. There still seems to be a bubble in the big lines, when I went down to the launch and ran it at idle...it got a few little pulses of oil that pumped up into the small 3/32 tygon lines that I could see but seemed to stop pumping and the lines definitely aren’t full of oil like I expected them to be after holding wide open for 10-20 seconds or so.

Any ideas? Should I just hold it wide open longer on the oil pump arms?

I’m still going to keep this first tank with pre mix in it to be safe. I do feel resistance on the arm when I hold it open and did wind it up to where the cable has tension if that makes sense to be sure that the pumps were clocked correctly and have the marks lined up at idle.

Thanks for any suggestions

Donnie

You need to get the bubble out of the big line and try opening the bleeder screw again. If holding the arm wide open doesn't get the air out you could have stuck check balls.

OK, so should I just open the bleeder and let the fluid run out for a bit until hopefully the bubble starts moving down towards the oil pump?
I blew out the little valves really good on the pumps and it's odd that both of the pumps won't pump the oil as well as how the oil did pulsate up then seemed to stop. I do have 4 extra little valves with the check balls from the pump I pulled off if I need them. Should I just swap the little arms with the brass nipples and check balls to eliminate that?

Thanks for all the help you are a wonderful person,

Donnie

Sounds like the bubble is creating a problem. See if you can manipulate the hoses and get the bubble to travel all the way up and out the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back