RESTO Removing seats from 1996 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.
The back rest is pretty easy. Some of the bolts are hiding behind the big grey E-box.

Once you see how it goes you realize that the bottom is attached the same way but it's tough to get in there. I like a 1/4" ratchet with a 10mm socket on it. Send it in there on the end of an arm. There are 2 bolts on each side.

The back rest is pretty easy. Some of the bolts are hiding behind the big grey E-box.

Once you see how it goes you realize that the bottom is attached the same way but it's tough to get in there. I like a 1/4" ratchet with a 10mm socket on it. Send it in there on the end of an arm. There are 2 bolts on each side.

Thanks for the picture, that does make it clear. To access the bolts for the seat bottom then I'm assuming from the engine side under the fuel tank? That does not look like its going to be fun, I'm wondering how hard pulling the fuel tank would be to gain better access?

Just went through some of this myself, the back is not too bad, hardest part is getting the port side cup holder out without breaking it. (I failed at this)
Someone had pulled the bottom out on my boat previously and had not replaced the bolts. I find this to be very helpful and did not correct it. The bottom stays put just fine and I never would have suspected it to have been unbolted. I don't even remember why i thought to try pulling up on it. I would try pulling up on it maybe you will get lucky like me!

Installed mine with only the back 2 bolts and it does not move. Was lucky to remember to take them out when the engines were being rebuilt easy access with no motors in the way

Here's the tool I am going to use to remove the bottom seat bolts that are facing the front of the boat. It's basically an arm extender.

Attachments

• seat bolt removal tool - 01.jpg
    seat bolt removal tool - 01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17
  • seat bolt removal tool - 02.jpg
    seat bolt removal tool - 02.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back