Removing jet pump; hoses??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mshelton911

I am removing my jet pump to replace my wear ring on my 96' GTI. to remove the pump from the hull i need to remove the bailer pickup tubes and the water inlet tubes. With what, and how do I do this? THe pickup tubes look like they are stuck into the fiber glass. seems hard to remove ..yet i am new to seadoo mechanics so i might be making some mistakes. Has anyone else done this before? thanks

After you get the steering nozzle out of the way, remove the 4 nuts holding the jet pump in place.
Give it a couple of taps and the whole thing will come loose from the ski. Sometimes they will require a little persuasion to come free off of the rubber seal.
The pick up tubes will come with it as they are seperate. Just make sure you keep up with the small O rings that seal the pick up tubes.

jet pump

IN the manual it says i must remove all 3 of these tubes from the hull, and I removed the 4 nuts and i can tell the jet pump is loose yet it seems the engine water inlet hose is keeping it held in place. how do i remvoe this/ the bailer pick up tubes?

See if this helps. Look specifically at the bailer tubes

Attachments

• propulsion.jpg
    propulsion.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 57
You need to disconnect the 3 houses on the inside, there are two small hoses that have a wire tie holding them in place.. Cut the wire tie and give the hose a little twist, you should then be able to pull it off... The larger hose has a clamp on it, remove the clamp, twist and pull it off.. The hoses tend to get stuck so by twisting them you break any adhesion that has occured from being on for so long.. The pump can be a bear to get off, you may need to pull it with something.. Look in the how to section, there is a great write up how to do this...

REmoving jet pump; hoses?

You need to disconnect the 3 houses on the inside, there are two small hoses that have a wire tie holding them in place.. Cut the wire tie and give the hose a little twist, you should then be able to pull it off... The larger hose has a clamp on it, remove the clamp, twist and pull it off.. The hoses tend to get stuck so by twisting them you break any adhesion that has occured from being on for so long.. The pump can be a bear to get off, you may need to pull it with something.. Look in the how to section, there is a great write up how to do this...

ONce i cut the the wire tie and remove the clamp how will i get the hoses back on? will i have to buy new ones? and do i need a special tool to remove the clamp?

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back