Remove exhaust cooling

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1

So... As the headline implies. Has anyone done this or maybe been thinking about it and have some ideas to come up with?
I have a speedster 200 with twin 155hp from 2004.
I have some experience in motorcycles and sportscars and understand that there is a lot of heat coming out through the exhaust system.
However, Im thinking that with the insulating bandage and additional materials of today. A lot of the heat can be transported out of the engine compartment. My thoughts are that if it is possible to remove the cooling (I don’t know) I will have to increase the air in- and outlet of the engine bay.
My thinking is:
1. Remove all the hoses and junk for exhaust/cooling
2. Manufacture stainless steel exhaust manifold and exhaust system. The more “open” I can make it the less heat it will create in engine bay. The downside will be a louder boat. However, I only drive it in the ocean and Therefore it’s not a very big deal, however it must be reasonable. After that, the whole manifold will be bandaged
Thoughts anyone?

My only 2 cents on this is, if I'm idling around for a bit, I'll run the evac fan to pull out some of the heat. I think it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back