Relay not plugged in?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Martin007

Screenshot_2017-11-18-19-12-02-1.jpg

Hope the image I posted works.
I have 2 2017 Sea doo's 130 SE.
When I bought them I had the dealer install a depth gauge on the wife's sea doo not mine.
Now doing the winterizing and taking the battery out I noticed this relay behind the battery. Hers was plugged in and mine was not.....?
There is a wire that just hangs down on mine. It does fit into that relay port but I didn't plug it in as they are going away for storage anyways.
They both ran amazing this year without any issues. Could this be just a plug and play depth gauge? Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

That looks like the buds connector to me for diagnostics. The white piece is just a holder for the plug. As for the wire hanging down from one and not the other not sure what you got going on there.

Yes, just the diagnostic port as stated above. It is just snapped into the battery holder to keep it from bouncing around. Both skis should look like the one in the pic, depth finder doesn't affect it.

Are you saying the plug is unsnapped from the cap(which is what you're calling a relay but it isn't)? It should be plugged into the cap and then snapped into the battery holder. Maybe post a pic of yours? It will run fine with this unplugged but will throw a minor code since the cap connects two terminals when plugged in but the real problem is that it can corrode with the terminals being exposed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back