Registration numbers sticking to hull ??

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Off-road

Anyone have a problem with registration numbers sticking to Spark hull?
What type, style have you used?

It is so difficult to do correct spacing and alignment with the single letters I was hoping to get a decal.
I understand 3M has come up with a new adhesive, just not available yet on graphics or decals.

Try getting washing up liquid and a cloth and generously wiping down the area where you want the stickers to go. This allows you to move them about and get them into the correct position. Then leave to dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rhonus

My dealer told me that the Seadoo ones are stickier than normal and made specifically to go onto the plastic hull versus the fiberglass. Plus they come with a square area for the registration sticker.

Try getting washing up liquid and a cloth and generously wiping down the area where you want the stickers to go. This allows you to move them about and get them into the correct position. Then leave to dry.

Rhonus
That really works great.
I have a spray bottle with a couple of drops of dish wash liquid and water that I use on my sons dirt bike graphics. I also heat with a blow dryer when done.

My dealer told me that the Seadoo ones are stickier than normal and made specifically to go onto the plastic hull versus the fiberglass. Plus they come with a square area for the registration sticker.

Found out that a 3M adhesive product works well also. My dealer told me the same thing. Just rather have a decal made for the uniformity.
Thanks to all for the responses.

Does anyone have any good pictures of how they put the registration numbers on? We just got our registration in the mail and I'm trying to figure out the best way to put it. Thanks

Well I've seen a couple pictures of Sparks where the registration was on the actual hull, and then where the numbers are on the top on the colored front piece. I just bought the registration kits and my dealer showed me to put them on the top piece, but it would definitely look a lot nicer if they could be on the bottom right under the separation of the top and bottom hull pieces. Anyone know for sure where they're supposed to be?

I suppose as long as they can be seen you can put them anywhere. You get in bother where I'm from if the rangers can't read them.

Rhonus

I ordered some decals for the names on our skis from EBay a few weeks ago. The decals have stayed on now through many rides and three wash jobs. I thought all might give this a look for numbers or if you wanted to put a name on yours.
www.sonnyssigns.com or on EBay, sonnys_signs. He is real nice and fair priced.

Back