rebuilt pump made my boat worse

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitewheels

Last season I saw that my wearring was bad and "choclate milk" in the impellerhousing.
So this winter I put new bearings in,new wear ring,new neopren seal and new carbon seal. Due to cold weather the boat sat for a long time and it wasn´t until a couple of weeks ago we went out to pull some tubes and wakeboarding and it bearly pulled 2 people on thet tube and just got the wakeborder up on the water. It´s "slipping" badly!
So ,pulled the pump. tighten the preassure on the carbonring a little more,checked the aligment(again) and put back the old oem neopren seal because the sbt one felt no good....no difference :(
So last season the boat pulled fine and now after the rebuild it´s soo bad. I didn´t put a new impellersaft in,and no new driveshaft and no new impeller.
The aligment maybe a little of,like one thin shim. The impeller have seen better days but it work last season.

Any suggestions are appreciated. High summer here now so I´m a little stressed out :)

You’re getting air in somewhere. It’s hard to tell without actually seeing the boat, but with the work you’ve done, it’s probably somewhere around the pump to hull seal.

You’re getting air in somewhere. It’s hard to tell without actually seeing the boat, but with the work you’ve done, it’s probably somewhere around the pump to hull seal.
Yeah that sounds right.
Using my old oem neopren seal now because the new sbt one got all distorted when I got the pump mounted the first time.
I now remember that the old wear ring was an oem with the outer lip and the new one is a sbt without the lip....[emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back