Pump for extracting oil?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdfish1

Is there a forum favorite? I used a drill pump and it totally sux. Hard to prime slow to pump and the battery on my drill dies. Horrible experience. I can’t do this oil change again without finding a better pump...

Last edited:
Mityvac 7201 Fluid Evacuator Plus on Amazon for about $100 works real well. It's a hand pump with a large reservoir that will evacuate the oil from your ski and reverses to dispense it into a container. Comes with dipstick tube and clear plastic hose. Makes short work of changing your oil but you must use it with warmed oil or it has difficulty due to the small diameter of the dipstick tube.

I use a 2 gallon Liqui-Vac hand powered extraction pump.

LiquiVac Oil Extractor 2 Gallon, Model# 2000 | Northern Tool + Equipment

It required some smaller tubing to be adapted to fit in the SeaDoo dipstick tube, but that was like 95 cents at the hardware store. Just jammed the smaller tubing into the end of the larger tube it came with. Wrapped it with some electrical tape to make it fit tight. The key is to make sure the unit and hose connection is completely vacuum tight so that when you pump the vacuum, it will then eventually suck the oil out no matter the viscosity and not just leak down instead. Its just a matter of having some patience.

With cold oil in my 2 SeaDoos, I put the LiquiVac on one PWC, pumped it down a good dozen pumps and left it do its slow-sucking thing for the first half of the Vikings game. When I checked on it at halftime, it had sucked all the oil out. Over halftime, I sucked out the bottom of the oil filter bowl and then started it on the other machine. Sure, it took me over 3 hours to change the oil in the two machines, but 2.5 hours of that was sitting on my couch watching TV.

I had some difficulty getting the oil out of the PCM engine in my new-to-me 2015 Nautique. The bottom drain hose that is normally pulled out of the bilge drain hole seemed kinked or plugged. So I used the Liqui-Vac there as well. In 40 degree weather outside even with the thick 15w-40 used in that engine, it sucked out 4+ quarts when left with a good vacuum overnight.

If you can find an Oil Boy - nothing but great things to say about it. I have 3 skis and a twin engine yamaha jet boat and I use it for all of them. It comes with 3 sized semi rigid hose diameters that have a metal wire inside each one to keep it straight.

You may want to check YouTube. I have a vacuum pump extractor but have seen a couple of videos that show how to make an extractor using a shop vac that appear to work well. Just requires a jug and tubing.

i have a basic cheap 12v fuel pump from an early 1990S car and i use it for everything . gas oil brake fluid its been great. i have a box of brass fitting and a box of hoses and the pump handled every situation . it has a 3/8 inlet and outlet . if you can find a 12v pump put it in your tool box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back