pulling tubes with ski pylon

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

bowlerx

was curious. i have a 2016 wake 155 with the fixed ski pylon, not the linq system. can i pull a tube with that? has anyone else pulled one? I've heard that with the linq system you shouldn't, but i was curious on the fixed pylon. any info would be greatly appreciated!

I have a 2011 wake pro and have been pulling tubes with my fixed pylon for years. We hardly use the boat anymore. We pull two tubes with 4 teens. It’s just more fun with the ski both for drivers and riders. Make sure your tubes are properly inflated and we run a inflatable ball half way down the rope. We did wrap the tow rope around the driveshaft a couple times the first year so just make sure your observer keep there hands off the rope and remember the jet pump is still sucking water at idle so keep the ski off whenever in doubt where the rope is.

I have a 2011 wake pro and have been pulling tubes with my fixed pylon for years. We hardly use the boat anymore. We pull two tubes with 4 teens. It’s just more fun with the ski both for drivers and riders. Make sure your tubes are properly inflated and we run a inflatable ball half way down the rope. We did wrap the tow rope around the driveshaft a couple times the first year so just make sure your observer keep there hands off the rope and remember the jet pump is still sucking water at idle so keep the ski off whenever in doubt where the rope is.
thanks for the info. yeah, we will be pulling one tube with an adult or teen. wasnt sure if it would hold the force of pulling a tube, cause i have read horror stories about the pylons coming off, bending, or breaking.

I have seen ski towers on boats ripped off and because they go to full power with slack in the tow rope and I’m sure you could do the same to your ski pylon. Take it easy until the tubes on plane and you will be fine.

I noticed on the sea doo site under the ski pylon accessory it states the following:

Note: Never use the Ski Pylon to tow an inflatable tube or similar toy. Always use the rear cleat.

I noticed on the sea doo site under the ski pylon accessory it states the following:

Note: Never use the Ski Pylon to tow an inflatable tube or similar toy. Always use the rear cleat.
im pretty sure that's for the Linq system pylon, cause those skis have a rear cleat. mine does not. it has the two loops that are close to the pump, but no cleat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back