PTO boot replacement

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

DEEz

Wow its been almost 5yrs since my last post. I ruptured a disk in my back & my ski has been in storage you could say since then lol.
Anyhow
I took my ski out twice last year about a hour each time.
Last week I lett out to ride & started noticing some cavitation issues & so I loaded up & came home.
I come to realize I hadn't greased the pto since before my back went out.
Well I started putting grease in (shalf shifted a fare amount) & of course I over did it & split the boot SMH.

Im hoping I can change it by just disconnecting the shalf & not mess with the pump assembly, any advice is welcomed.

Looks like the boot is a 272000001

Did I lose my wear ring, disintegrate?
Looking at generic image of a new wear ring it seems to have.
I ran a pick across whats there & it almost seems to be fiberglass IDK & the prop gap is roughly 1/8".

Attachments

• 20180621_220404.jpg
    20180621_220404.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20180621_220115.jpg
    20180621_220115.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 18
  • 20180621_222317.jpg
    20180621_222317.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
  • wearring.JPG
    wearring.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Well Im ready to drop the new wear ring in
I assume its a clearanced fit & wont require any adhesive or sealant as I didnt notice any during removal.
I was planning to drop the new wear ring in the freezer & install it when time allows.
Any suggestions

You shouldn’t have to do anything but line it up and lay a short piece of 2x4 on it and tap it in working your way around it and keep it even going in. I’ve never had to put one in the freezer. I’ve put at least 20 in this year like that . Just don’t tap too hard on the board with your hammer. Change the pump oil while u have it out.

Ok thanks
I bought a new O-ring for the cap/cover also.

I gather standard differential gear oil is what many are using but not sure is recommended?
I normally keep some around for when swapping the gear out in my foxbody mustang.

The best oil is either the OEM or Klotz Jet Pump oil. A lot of people here use the Mobil 1 75w-90 synthetic gear oil too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back