Primer install question

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

jemery.wa

I have installed a primer kit on my 97 GTX, since I am running pre-mix I connected the primer lines to the oil injection lines so I still have the choke set-up. This is a new rebuild so I am still in the break in phase so I haven't run it out at high speeds yet. I do need to move the primer feed line over to the fuel return line. My question is if the people that have done this have had any issues with this setup?

I wouldn’t install it on the oil injection lines because when the primer fails you will have an air leak and run lean.

I didn't want to remove the Choke setup from the carbs, where would you recommend as an alternate location for putting it? Do you think installing a petcock valve on the line would protect against the potential failure?

I have installed them in the airbox with a 90 degree elbow right in to the carb throat on the low side of the choke flapper.its a pain but the customer insisted on having both

I have removed the lines for now and am thinking about doing something inside the airbox for the primer, the weather has straight up sucked so far and hasn't strung together 2 non rainy days so far so I haven't been able to spend much time on it.

I'm about to install mine on the air box cover. I've tested this way by pouring a little bit of mix gas into the air intake and it fired right up this morning without hesitation, I've been having trouble with cold starts.

It works well because it gets the engine running right away letting the engine run the fuel pump instead of the starter :)
John
The problem with putting it on the cover is makes a mess in the air box and if it should ever back fire thru the screen it can pop and make a mess.i always try and put it after the screen

What about all the suction when the engine starts running? Would it not just continue to pull fuel into the carb? Just thought of that.. : )
No, there is not that much vacuum. Honestly there is no need to run a primer on these and the choke works perfectly fine if your fuel system and carbs are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back