Potentially Buying 2015 Seadoo RXP-X 260 - Any Advice or Known Issues?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

TrevorM

I have a friend that works at a authorized BRP/Seadoo dealership he got me a hell of a deal on a 2015 Seadoo RXP-X 260! The dealer is asking $12,000 but he can get me it for a lot cheaper. Unit has 40hrs completely serviced and maintained. Also includes Riva Stage 1 Kit with performance exhaust.

I just want to know if there are any known issues with this model/year? Any members who own one that has any advice?

Last edited:
Has the supercharger been serviced? Another big issue is the intercooler in these. Prone to leaking.

Has the supercharger been serviced? Another big issue is the intercooler in these. Prone to leaking.

Dealership said the supercharger needs to be serviced at 200hrs the unit has 40hrs. They have inspected the unit when it came in and found the supercharger hose was bad. They replaced hose and water tested and have found zero issues. When I go to the dealership I will specifically ask about the intercooler! Thanks for the heads up! How signicant of an issue is the intercooler?

I am currently on a work trip but will be checking the unit out either Friday or Monday. I will also be test driving it. I just want to do all of my research and familiarize myself with the particular Seadoo.

Last edited:
Watch this:

Yes, I have already watched that video! Also I updated my post above to reflect some information I left out. When the unit was traded in they found the supercharger hose was bad and they replaced it and confirmed no other issues. You’d think they’d find a leak in the intercooler if they performed a good inspection and replaced the supercharger hose right?

You will only confirm a leaking intercooler when its leak tested. If it is leaking heavily you will notice it when you take of the air hose on the super charger too.
A bit strange that the air hose goes bad in 4 years time.

You will only confirm a leaking intercooler when its leak tested. If it is leaking heavily you will notice it when you take of the air hose on the super charger too.
A bit strange that the air hose goes bad in 4 years time.

I will ask the dealership to perform a leak test. I also did some researching on the intercooler and it looks like 2012 models were more prone to intercooler leakage and apparently Seadoo revised the intercoolers in 2013 to have a “pisser” and another revision in later models to help solve the issue but they still have issues? I’m quite disappointed though because it seems like every Seadoo model has problems. I’m surprised they haven’t lost a lot of business and potential lawsuits. I just want to find a fun, fast, reliable machine.

If you drive on the sea, ensure you flush after every ride. I see many intercooler failures because some drive and park straight after the fun. My intercooler is still the original.
Every Seadoo has its problems, that is partially true, you only read about them on the forums. I have an ATV as well, same story, most go mudding with snorkels and than cry about issues on the forum while they should have bought a jetski or a boat in the first place.
There was a time that Yamaha was the more reliable one, but the newer ones have "issues" too.
Just keep looking for a good one, if it looks tired and ugle run away as the owner did not care about the cosmetics for sure he did not care about the rest either.

If you drive on the sea, ensure you flush after every ride. I see many intercooler failures because some drive and park straight after the fun. My intercooler is still the original.
Every Seadoo has its problems, that is partially true, you only read about them on the forums. I have an ATV as well, same story, most go mudding with snorkels and than cry about issues on the forum while they should have bought a jetski or a boat in the first place.
There was a time that Yamaha was the more reliable one, but the newer ones have "issues" too.
Just keep looking for a good one, if it looks tired and ugle run away as the owner did not care about the cosmetics for sure he did not care about the rest either.

I only ride in fresh water here at the Lake of the Ozarks. I’m on a work trip until tomorrow so I haven’t been able to go to the dealership to physically checkout the 2015 Seadoo RXP-X 260 but it has 35 hours and from the pictures it looks new. I am however potentially looking at a 2008 Seadoo RXP-X 255 with 110hrs if the seller decides to sell. I heard 2008 is a good year for Seadoo.

I have had 4 inter coolers in mine 2 original 1 $1200 riva that didn’t last a year then a wsm now have the seadoo 300 and it be great so far. Don’t rebuild spend 1500 for new seadoo supercharger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back