Please Help!! My blow off valve spitting oil!!!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

Spawn_4193

Hi, I have a 2004 GTX supercharged, this ski had a bad oil shut-off valve and the previous owner ran it like that and a bunch of oil exploded out the blow off valve, almost all engine oil. I assume that the gases being unable to escape the engine and building up pressure oil forced its way through the charger seal.

The valve got fixed but it still a bit of oil coming out the blow off, not a whole lot like when exploded, Its more like a mist.

My question is, can this be that because a bad oil shut off valve and no engine gases being able to escape the engine the supercharger seal got damaged and a bit of oil is till is leaking through the charger?

I ask because I don't want to waste money rebuilding the charger and that not being the problem. Also I bought the jetski and have no idea when was the last time the charger got maintenance.

All help will be appreciated, thanks.

Every Seadoo I have ever had my hands on has oil in the intake from the separator. If you run the machine all out often, the more you will get.

If there is little oil in the intake hose before the SC and a lot in the intake hose after the SC, that can be a sign that the oil is coming through the SC seal.

If you are not adding oil to it and the level stays constant, you are good.

If you have no idea when the SC was rebuilt, you should rebuild it.

Time will not be your friend...

Back