Playing on my Paranoia - 12v Low 2011 Challenger 180 SE

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

anshad

Hey Everyone,

So I wanted to get some opinions, as I think my boat is trying to make me paranoid. :crazy:

Bought the boat a few weeks ago and took it out for the first time only to see the 12v low message appear when starting it at the lake. We continued the day with no issues, and the message went away. Just to be sure, we attached the tender to the boat throughout the week, and I even took it to the parts store to test it once it had sat for about 5 days on the tender. (It tested good)

Went out this weekend and had no issues at all except for after we were done swimming, and went to put the dess key on and got 12v low again. o_Oo_Oo_O

Never had an issue starting it, and upon arriving home, I attached the multimeter to it and it read 12.7, which is great, and upon starting it on the trailer, it reads 14.1. I think this boat is just trying to make me paranoid.

Also, I replaced the 30a charging fuse, as the plastic viewing window was a little brown and seemed like it had been hot at one point, but it checked out okay on the ohm meter resistance wise.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

I carried around a portable jump start battery until I installed a 2nd battery. Think you have the same paranoia that alot of us have.

I carried around a portable jump start battery until I installed a 2nd battery. Think you have the same paranoia that alot of us have.
Yeah, I feel better knowing that everything is good, but I dont understand what could cause that 12v low warning. Or what the voltage it is set at that causes that warning to display.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back