Pinch line for towing

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

OzTEXS

Hi I have 2006 speedster 200 just a little confused around the pinch line for towing .. just want to make sure the line indicated in the photo is the right one ??
84ccdfbcb2b18747c9e129f78041c198.jpg

It appears to be correct. Can you confirm where the other end goes for us?

Normally I'd use the schematics from the "Sea Doo Parts" button at the top right of the page, but apparently it's not working properly for me right now. Not sure if it's me or part of the recent site redesign.

The cooling lines are in the cooling system schematic, not the exhaust. Pic is small, but I believe hose (#8) from the left barb (looking at transom) goes from the pump mounting plate to the exhaust. BY pinching this hose, you're preventing any water from reaching the exhaust.

Cooling.jpg

I installed shutoffs in hose #1, prevents water leaving the exhaust water jacket into the exhaust.

Do you keep a tow rope on board? If so can you provide a link for where to order one? I searched over tons with no luck. Not sure if they call it something different.

What size of hose is #1?

Hose #1 is half inch.

I don't have a proper tow rope, but I always have several dock lines and other ropes on the boat just in case.

Do you keep a tow rope on board? If so can you provide a link for where to order one? I searched over tons with no luck. Not sure if they call it something different.

What size of hose is #1?

Here's the tow rope I purchased and it works great. Unfortunately, I've had to use it many times so I an attest that it works well.

30 foot tow rope:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L5RMPT6/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20 foot tow rope:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B012TYU5P...WF&pd_rd_r=QDG7NZH0T810TSCB3VKB&pd_rd_w=w9G3Y

Hose #1 is half inch.

I don't have a proper tow rope, but I always have several dock lines and other ropes on the boat just in case.

Jpass so did you just cut into that line & put the on/off valve in line? Any chance you have a picture. That sounds like a good idea rather than using pinch clamps.

Found this on YouTube........make sure you are looking at your correct model and year when you search for your schematics but these videos helped me out quite a bit in understanding this topic.
Valve install

Schematic discussion

Video credit to Boris Martin

IMG_2427.JPGIMG_2428.JPGIMG_2429.JPGIMG_2430.JPG

Today during the Montana snowstorm I took advantage of a heated garage and added the on/off valves. I initially bought 1/2 “ valves but after removing the hosing the 1/2” valve would slide in & out very easily so I went with a 3/4” & that fit snugly. 2010 Challenger 210se 310hp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back