perhaps a dumb question about towing a 2005 Sea Doo Sportster.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubadave16

I have a 2005 sea Doo Sportster with the 155hp motor. I am reading about which hose to clamp in the event you have to tow the boat. Several photos have been IMG_1564.jpegposted on this site and You tube as well as my manual. problem is none of em look like my engine. Mine has a closed cooling system with antifreeze in it. so do i even. need to worry about clamping anything? or is there still a heat exchanger that can get into the exhaust. I will try to attach a photo of my engine here.

I have a 2005 sea Doo Sportster with the 155hp motor. I am reading about which hose to clamp in the event you have to tow the boat. Several photos have been View attachment 48318posted on this site and You tube as well as my manual. problem is none of em look like my engine. Mine has a closed cooling system with antifreeze in it. so do i even. need to worry about clamping anything? or is there still a heat exchanger that can get into the exhaust. I will try to attach a photo of my engine here.

Your exhaust manifold and muffler are still cooled with raw water. The water is scavenged from the jet pump pressure while underway/idling. When you are being towed, this same pressure will build in the jet pump nozzle above about 8-10 mph.

The hose you need to clamp off the one coming from the jet pump plate to the exhaust manifold.

Thanks for the reply. I kinda thought that. so excuse my asking, but is that the c shaped hose at the bottom of the photo i posted.

Thanks for the reply. I kinda thought that. so excuse my asking, but is that the c shaped hose at the bottom of the photo i posted.

It should be the 3/4" line coming into the underside of the exhaust manifold near the front of the motor.

Cooling water comes through the pump into the exhaust manifold from the bottom then out the rear top of the manifold, then into the exhaust tube leading to muffler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back