Performance

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

chad lanclos

Any idea how much better it is to have a performance impeller than a stock.Im changing my wear ring tomorrow and will change my impeller if I can get more out of the boat.

Not much........

People do mods on these things all the time, with disappointment being the end result for the money spent.
You see people using the RIVA stage 1-3, expecting their skis to out run everything on the river. This just isn't true most of the time.
The engines designed by Rotax for the watercraft are already built as high performance engines......
So, changing the pitch of your impeller, may give you a better hole shot, but your screwed on the top end.
You can change the other way and lose the hole shot, but pick up a few mph on the top end............
It's just not worth the cost to try and make all thses modifcations on these things. Just buy the one you want to begin with and be happy. Why buy one with a 951 engine when you want to mod it out to be like a 1503.....just doesn't make sense to me..........................:cheers:

People do mods on these things all the time, with disappointment being the end result for the money spent.
You see people using the RIVA stage 1-3, expecting their skis to out run everything on the river. This just isn't true most of the time.
The engines designed by Rotax for the watercraft are already built as high performance engines......
So, changing the pitch of your impeller, may give you a better hole shot, but your screwed on the top end.
You can change the other way and lose the hole shot, but pick up a few mph on the top end............
It's just not worth the cost to try and make all thses modifcations on these things. Just buy the one you want to begin with and be happy. Why buy one with a 951 engine when you want to mod it out to be like a 1503.....just doesn't make sense to me..........................:cheers:
very true :agree:

some people may want more performance from the engine but keep the maneuverability of a 9 ft ski :reddevil:

sgt

Where in Louisiana?

Chad,
Where are you in Louisiana? Where do you boat? I'm in Baton Rouge and usually go to False River.
Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back