Part Identification Help Please!

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

fzrace

I have a 1998 SPX. I dropped a bolt under the engine. I blew compressed air under the engine to retrieve the bolt at the back of the engine when out came these two items.

The metal disk is stainless steel, and has a bevel to it. The crescent shaped piece is actually plastic. The silver part is paint from the engine. The stainless disk fits onto the plastic portion perfectly.

I've tried to find it in the Seadoo parts manual, and no luck. I've looked at every available engine picture on line, and just can't see where this came from.

Does anyone know the answer for me? It's driving me nuts not knowing.

Attachments

• 20210905_153011.jpg
    20210905_153011.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 24
  • 20210905_153020.jpg
    20210905_153020.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 27
I agree with you Mikidymac my hull is spotless most days, so when these gems showed up, I was surprised and confused, to say the least.

Nope, nothing like that. I didn't mike the stainless disk for thickness, but as I'm typing this, I'd guess it around a 1/16" thick. It's dished, which makes me think it's a Bellville Washer of some sort.

The only stainless disc I can think of on your ski would be the cover for the blind rotary gear bearing on the side of the cases. If it was out your entire oil tank would drain into the hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back