Paint Match 2001 GTX

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

etemplet

Premium Member
Premium Member
I read a bit on the forum about matching the color of the white on the hull. I bought colors of white at Home Depot, one of which was suggested on this forum, and I can't get a match. The white on this millenium edition seems to have more blue or gray in it that the paint I bought. I am only fixing a small area and do not want to paint the ski. I even order that GelCoat match kit. Not only does that not match the ski, there is such a small amount to the kit it is useless and that was like $40. LOL Help is appreciated.

I'd like to match the green also as I'll be painting the hood. Just asking on that. Generally I take the ski to the paint shop and they do a piss poor to fair job of matching the color. LOL I'm painting the whole thing so it won't matter than much to me but if you have a color or a code I would appreciate it. :D

I do have all the Seadoo Codes colors for each year etc.... they are useless when trying to match the paint.

GTX 2001 Clean Up (7).JPEG

It will be almost impossible to get a paint match on a 20 year old ski. Your only option would be to take it to a local auto paint shop and have them try to match it.

One of the guys posted a Rustoleum color matched really well. Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

Absolutely, never hurts.
I expect it to be a pain in the butt. :) I matched colors a number of times at the Paint Store... they never get it spot on and that is using two different vendors. Even if you give them a number it is not enough. These colors change every year and the paint formula changes because of environmental impact. Never simple. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back