ownership?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated

DonoBBD

Hey guys how do I get my ownership changed over here in Canada? I am in Ontario. The boat was a private sale and I have paper work but don't know where to go. I have paid the taxes at the DMV but now what?

Don.

if your in ontario and it was a private sale you dont have to pay taxes...try a google seach saying "how to change over a boat ownership in ontario" or something like that and you'll get tons of results. Unfortunatly you have to do everything by mail as of November 2010. Hope this helps you out!

if your in ontario and it was a private sale you dont have to pay taxes...try a google seach saying "how to change over a boat ownership in ontario" or something like that and you'll get tons of results. Unfortunatly you have to do everything by mail as of November 2010. Hope this helps you out!

I thought this too but they made me pay HST on the boat and trailer when getting my trail tag.

Don.

oh and you probably payed tax on the trailer, that is a must in ontario but the boat registry is totally different. Basicly its the same throughtout canada not each individual province

I had to pay the tax on the boat as well as the trail but all at the same time as the trailer plating. I did pay tax on the perches price of the boat. I thought I didn't have to pay HST but they made me. I have record of this because it has to go with the app for transfer.

Yes the number is on the rear transom to the right of the motors.

Boats Pleasure Craft licenses are administered by the feds Transport Canada, however it says right on it "This license is not a title document." The license belongs to the boat so needs to be transferred to the new owner. Did you get the license paperwork from the previous owner? It has the transfer form right on it. If in doubt contact Transport Canada.

Boats Pleasure Craft licenses are administered by the feds Transport Canada, however it says right on it "This license is not a title document." The license belongs to the boat so needs to be transferred to the new owner. Did you get the license paperwork from the previous owner? It has the transfer form right on it. If in doubt contact Transport Canada.

Yes I did but it was all ratty from getting wet at some point. I did use that info and put it onto the form on line (link posted above) and then mailed it with copy of sale receipt, proof of id, and sales tax receipt.

I hope to see this paper work before the end of August.

The most messed up thing about this is that I have gotten pulled over by the OPP and ministry of natural resources together and they have never asked for this paper work at all. Just my fishing license and checked for all the safety equipment. Never ever asked for this paper work.

Don.

Back