Ouch! Yellow goo on spark plugs.

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

noviceskier

Took both the 96 kawasaki 750 sts out again and one of them decided it wanted to fire on one cylinder today. Figured it was spark plug related (checked all four plugs and color was a nice brown.)

Noticed the pto side plug was covered in yellow goo. Now I'm confused why water got in there, head not true? Always started the tap after motor was running and cut before motor was shut off.

Looks like the HX is getting the spot light on the double did.

Anyone know a kawasaki related forum to help narrow down the issue? Currently have the trouble cylinder w/o plug in so anything that shouldn't be in there dry out and then I'll put some tcw-30 oil in the cylinder in case if it rusted a bit overnight. Just so it can be lubricated.

You need to run it to burn the water out. Just sitting is the worst thing you can do if you got water in it.

Continuing with the troubleshooting, running it seems to work but only for a couple seconds. I would run it for a about 10 seconds before letting the engine cool down feeling it by hand making sure it isn't getting hot. The idle misfire isn't as pronounce and is starting to sound healthier.

After every cool down session I am taking out the troubled plug and cleaning off all the residue, is slowly starting to colorize. (Turning back into the faithful brown instead of the yellow goo)

Still wondering how water got in there. I noticed out in the water the hose connection used for running it out of the water wasn't attached (the cap). Hand tightened it before I got to the ramp and I've never had to use tools to fasten one down before. (on other crafts)

Ski sounds like it is running on two cylinders, i think like the 6th time trying to burn off all the water after I shut it off I hear a crackling sounds(was just the brown mixture hitting the tarp), to find out a nice brown sludge coming out the exhuast, what ever caused that to come out seemed to fix my issue as of right now. Going to put it on the hose soon and let it run for a couple minutes.
Capture.PNG
Capture2.PNG

Ski is running good out of water. Going to take it to the ramp and hopefully have a successful ride. Deciding not to run it on the hose since it seems like the only way it could have ingested water despite following the correct procedures.

Ski ran good today, went through about 10 gallons of fuel today in total for both of the 750s(majority of the days worth of riding.)

Troubled cylinder's plug had nice brown color to it again. Both plug colors indicated carbs were running at optimal settings.

Noce! Must be an issue running it on the hose.
Yeah, pretty much had to narrow it down to that.

Only way that it could have happened.

Hose is probably pushing too much water. From the visual difference in amount of flow from the pisser out of water on hose idling vs in water idling.

As of now both skis won't be on the tap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back