Ordered New Solas Impellers For The 95 Speedster

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

GodsMechanic

I ordered my new Solas impellers P# SD-SC-A and SD-SC-B with a pair of new wear rings. I hope to keep you all updated on how it performs. I haven't seen much work done on these on the forums that I have read. I read a lot of people saying they are going to do it, or wanting to do it, or start the thread, and you never hear a result. But mine are all ON ORDER and I hope to post results within 2 weeks (hopefully a lot less). Got my "hull-thru" fittings installed and my "shaft sea/bearing carriers" installed and she sure did perform great on Mother's Day. Much better than she had been before those repairs. Spent 6 hours in the water, and A LOT of fuel, hahahaha. It was great though. I didn't replace the impeller/rings when I had the fittings out because I wanted to see if that really made a difference, and it DEFINITELY DID!! Y'all have a Blessed week!!

Here's the new stuff, hoping to update with some awesome results soon! I can't get the pic to upload. I had a beautiful pic of the impellers and wear rings. $284 out the door for both impellers and both wear rings!!

I don't use the web site's pic hosting. I find it easier to have a "PhotoBucket" account, and just link the pics. On this site... you can just copy and paste the "IMG" tag from PhotoBucket, and the pic will show up... as below.

Photo Bucket is free, and I've been using it for about 10 years now.

191.jpg

Let us know how this works out. I've never heard reviews from anyone changing old the old ones for the solas ones.

Let us know how this works out. I've never heard reviews from anyone changing old the old ones for the solas ones.

I was super busy this weekend. I did take the boat out, but didn't have time to swap impellers. I cannot tell you how much better it hooks up and planes after replacing the shaft seals and resealing everything on the pump. It's like a whole different boat. I'll do my best to keep you posted.

IT IS A ROCKET!! Worth EVERY PENNY!! It is a whole different boat. There is just a split second of cavitation and then it LAUNCHES! I can't believe it. I wasn't even expecting that. I also have a client that we installed 2 NuJet impellers (I will get you all the part numbers). They were the same impeller, which is the only time I have ever heard of someone swapping out the two different pitched ones, for two of the same. Mine however, planes within 2 seconds and performs like a jet ski. It feels like a newer speedster now. I have another client with an 07 Speedster 150, and mine feels very, very similar to his. I didn't have a chance to check top end because it was very, very windy. I hole shot is incredibly improved. I hope to update with a YouTube and some top end improvements results. Y'all have a Blessed Memorial Day weekend!!!! I have some install pics I will update soon as well.

now, your gonna have to take a drink of your beer, before you put in the drink holder, lol ................

Absolutely!! I would like to drive my client's 95 speedster to see what the difference is with having the same impeller, vs having 2 different ones like my setup.

Now guess what, I have a new wake tower, bimini, racks and mirror on order for early next week!! It'll be just in time for a party we were invited to on the 9th at The Pavilion on Lake Ray Roberts. WOOHOOO, WE HAVE HAD SO MUCH FUN WITH THIS BOAT!! I would much perfer a Challenger 1800 twin, but I will just keep on having fun with this one that the Lord has so Graciously Blessed us with. We are honored to own our little oversized pwc, hhaha. I was please to see that it is a Christian company as well and that they recognize and advertise that. $1,390.00 Out the door. Here are the links to the items on order:
Ice Tower: http://bigairwaketowers.com/towers/ice/
2 Combo Racks (for our wake and knee boards): http://bigairwaketowers.com/accessories/racks/
Black Super Shadow Bimini: http://bigairwaketowers.com/bimini/supershadowbimini/
Mirror: http://bigairwaketowers.com/accessories/mirrors/

I also have a few basic pics of the impeller/wear ring install.

This is of course the opening at the jet pump mount on the back of the hull before the seal.
HullOpeningBeforeSeal.jpg

This is after I had installed a new "seal".
HullOpeningAfterSeal.jpg

I was getting tired of scraping off liquid sealer the last few times, so I tried a different route and thought "well, if it doesn't work, it won't take but a few minutes to remove and put sealer on". So I used vacuum tubing. It fit perfect and had a beautiful seal!! And most importantly, performed beautifully at the lake!!
5-32VacuumTubing.jpg

Finally the installed starboard impeller
IntakeGrateShotofNewStarboardSolasImpeller.jpg

That reminds me, I guess I should open up an ad for the old impellers. They are absolutely beautiful. Let me know if you want pics. I keep meaning to get video to show y'all of the new stuff in operation. This is the latest that I have, and I was "burning fumes on empty". This was after I installed my "hull thru fittings" and new "shaft seal/bearing" assemblies (I have a long guided process and many step by step pics for that if anyone is interested, unless there is already one on here). It made a big improvement. http://s1076.photobucket.com/albums...rent=5-20-12LakeWorthridewithAlexpreSolas.mp4

I am also interested in these traction mats:
http://www.watercraftsuperstore.net/Jet-Boat-Traction-Mats-SeaDoo-Complete/130BT800.html
I can get them at my cost for $172 for the complete kit. THOSE I have not ordered yet. Everything else has been installed or is paid for and on order. Let me know what you think about them. If you are wondering why everything is going black, it's because, the next plan is to paint the boat most likely silver and ditch all of the purple and as much of the white as I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure will. I went ahead and ordered the black tip flooring too. UPS tracking says Monday on the wake tower and accessories. My boat started taking on water and I hit the bilge pump and nothing was happening and when I pulled the boat out of the water, it looks like me or someone recently hit the trailer and busted a 1/2" by 3" hole in the hull. Time to break out the fiberglass and paste, fix that, and already have a new Rule bilge pump. (I was thinking about installing 2, one full auto, and the standard manual one so I don't take a chance on getting stranded if a similar situation arises again).

Hi there. Where do you manage to pick up the impellers and wear rings for such a great price? Everywhere I have looked, they seem to be about twice that... Thanks

Hi there. Where do you manage to pick up the impellers and wear rings for such a great price? Everywhere I have looked, they seem to be about twice that... Thanks

I manage an auto repair shop and we are REALLY tight with a Suzuki shop right next door. They are a Platinum Parts Unlimited distributor. I got everything at cost and tax free. If u r n the metroplex (DFW), lemme know and bring the money up front (it's just going straight to them) and u can have them for what I paid =). U can PM me or text me at 8174876294

Cool. I am down in Nacogdoches but will be up in DFW in a couple of weeks. Can they get hold of the impellers for a 98 Challenger? I believe they are SD-SC-X but I'll take any recommendation on how to get the best out of the boat. Twin 717 engines...

bump..........

Please make sure to post pics and a review of the Bimini top. I am seriously considering one.

It's ok. I expected more, although I will tell you, my expectations tend to be pretty unrealistic. Here's your pics though.
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums/w445/godsmechanic/Wake Tower Install/photo1.jpg
http://i1076.photobucket.com/albums...erts 06-09-2102/LakeRayRoberts06-09-20122.jpg

And here is a link for the whole album. It's the only time I've had it on the lake since everything has been done. It's been at the body shop this last week to patch a hole in the bottom of the hull. Well, hope to have it back before the weekend, but in not, I've got pleanty of other things to ride =)
http://photobucket.com/speedsterrayroberts
Y'all Be Blessed!!

Also, if anyone is interested in my old impellers, let me know. They look fantastic, especially on the wear ring edges. Lemme know, make me an offer. -Blessed

That happens a lot. Especially with Solas impellers. Also... if your pumps, and impellers were in good shape... then the difference will be minimal. At best... you may have gained 1 or 2 MPH up top. But, unless you are using a GPS... it's hard to tell. With that said... if you have been tracking fuel consumption... you will notice an increase with the Solas impellers. But, here again... unless you are doing destination riding... it's hard to track.

Now... if you bought Skat-Trak "Swirl" impellers... you would have felt better acceleration, and would be able to "Feel" the difference.

Your best bet for selling the stock impellers is on eBay. They normally go for around $25 each.

That happens a lot. Especially with Solas impellers. Also... if your pumps, and impellers were in good shape... then the difference will be minimal. At best... you may have gained 1 or 2 MPH up top. But, unless you are using a GPS... it's hard to tell. With that said... if you have been tracking fuel consumption... you will notice an increase with the Solas impellers. But, here again... unless you are doing destination riding... it's hard to track.

Now... if you bought Skat-Trak "Swirl" impellers... you would have felt better acceleration, and would be able to "Feel" the difference.

thank you for your response, Doc =) I think there may have been a misunderstanding, tho. The impellers freakin ROCKED!!! I couldn't find Skat's for my particular app. That certainly doesn't mean that they r not there, I just couldn't find them. Also, I get 40-50% off of Solas and NuJet list price, so I wanted to o with one of those. Plus I didn't know anyone with experience with the Solas (I have 2 clients w the NuJet's) an I wanted to be able to tell people something. I don't seem to have gained any top end at all (which I'm not that concerned with). I wanted to be able to pull my skiers out of the hole faster and more consistently. Oh, man!! It definitely did that!!! It is an entirely different animal!!

My post above was responding to the gentleman asking about my Tower Bimini. It is decent. It looks awesome tho (when it stays on, haha). I need to do some tweaking to it and maybe add 2 additional struts to the back. All in all, for what I paid for everything, I'm happy. This winter, though, I may pull it all off and reinforce the inside of the hill where the tower mounts. We r having the underside (from the trim/bumper down) recoated and painted this week anyway (should get it bak today). So maybe I'll pull the tower off, seats out and have the top side done as well in "off season".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back