Ordered my goodies for my RXT-X 255

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coastiejoe

Well, just bought my weekend project, maybe winter project if it stays as cold as it has been (Ohio area).

R & D Racing Products Nozzle 2.5 degree Wedge Kit 143-95005 - R & D Racing Products

$176.80 (With steering extension as I have the VTS option on my ski).

Solas Concord Impeller - SRZ Series - Pitch 15/21 SRZ-CD-15/21 - Solas

$225.23

R & D Racing Products Aquavein Intake Grate 113-95005 - R & D Racing Products

$138.37

Subtotal: $540.40

Also ordered the impeller tool set for 20 bucks.

I'll buy the beer if you want to come help. :)

I want to do something to my GTX-155 as well but not sure there is enough gain to justify the cost due to the limited hp of the GTX??? Your thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It won't take you but a coupla hrs to knock that out.

One piece of advice...be very carefull when removing the old grate and installing the new. The inserts have been known to strip out in the hull...as in...the bolt is still in the insert but the insert is spinning in the glass. Some have opted to install a girdle...also from R&D if I remember right.

I am curious as to how the girdle helps as it is mounted on the rear of the gate.

It would make sense to me if it was mounted in the front where MOST of the pulling (aka drag) force will be.

My thoughts are, if the front of the grate was to come out that no matter how the rear is mounted it would simply twist from front to back and rip out both the OEM bolts as well as the girdle application.

Why is is mounted in the rear? Makes no sense to me?
And why is it so expensive for such a tiny part as compared to others things such as the grate and the wedge?

I am curious as to how the girdle helps as it is mounted on the rear of the gate.

It would make sense to me if it was mounted in the front where MOST of the pulling (aka drag) force will be.

My thoughts are, if the front of the grate was to come out that no matter how the rear is mounted it would simply twist from front to back and rip out both the OEM bolts as well as the girdle application.

Why is is mounted in the rear? Makes no sense to me?
And why is it so expensive for such a tiny part as compared to others things such as the grate and the wedge?

Dunno why it's only for the rear of the grate. As to why it's so expensive...heh...easy. If you need it you need it.

I really don't mind spending money, but I really like to understand the reason an item is needed or will work like we want it to.

I just see no gain with the girdle. Mounting at the rear makes no sense. It would be like a door swinging to me. If the front comes lose, there is no way the rear will not rip out with or without the girdle (at any kind of speed).

If it was mounted in the front, in theory you almost don't need rear bolts. Any bolts will help to secure it, no doubt. But the rear is too late once the front fails I'm thinking...

Look at your grate....the water is already past the front mount before it loads the tunnel. That wing and the rear of the grate is being forced down. Like you just stated. However, the hinge side isn't the back...it's the front. The girdle acts like....a washer allowing a through bolt something better to grab than an insert.

Hey, I'm not saying you have to have this. Just be carefull when you pull the old grate. Heat those bolts and maybe soak w/ some break free or wd. And then I'd be real carefull not to over torque those bolts when going back in. Use some loc-tite....blue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back