OPAS Idea?

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raytec

Hello All,
I've read all the posts on OPAS and while i was looking at the system on my GTX it occured to me why couldn't you just remove the "fin" part of the OPAS to improve the performance? You'd be left with the rods on the outside but wouldn't the performance still improve?

Wondering,
Raytec

You can remove the opas paddles and all the works then bolt a simple cover over the holes. Yeah, some measure of handling performance would improve. Many have done this. You will also have to block off the holes for the linkage to the nozzle. I believe a simple block off would cost around $100 or so...maybe less...can't remember.

If you search "opas block off kit" on ebay you'll find many different manufactures. Range in price from $40 to $100 for the nice Riva kit.

If they are working properly and raising up at the right speed (based on jet pump water pressure), then they shouldn't be slowing you down any they'll be lifted up out of the water stream at higher speeds. They do give you a little better steering control at slow speeds... but for people that understand how to steer jet powered rudderless watercraft the OPAS paddles are kinda redundant in truth. Mine are still fully functional, they don't seem to be causing any problems on my watercraft and as long as they aren't bothering me I'm not gonna go out of my way to bother with them. JMO.

Of much more importance is putting an automatic electric bilge pump with auto wired directly to battery (so it's in auto mode all the time) in each and every SeaDoo IMHO! Too many people come here posting that they sank or almost sank their SeaDoo for one reason or another, the thing they all have in common is that they didn't KNOW they were taking on water until it was too late.

- Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back