Oil tank and hose

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenic

Hello,

I have a problem on my gti 1999 seadoo 720cc

I have repaired the oil tank and now I put it back.

But there is a hose connected with nothing.

The jetski have a suppression of the 2t oil mix system so it's probably normal but I don't remember if the hose was connected when i took it apart...

Can you help me?

Sorry for my English I'm French...

Attachments

• IMG_20200428_181530.jpg
    IMG_20200428_181530.jpg
    807.9 KB · Views: 28
Hello,

I have a problem on my gti 1999 seadoo 720cc

I have repaired the oil tank and now I put it back.

But there is a hose connected with nothing.

The jetski have a suppression of the 2t oil mix system so it's probably normal but I don't remember if the hose was connected when i took it apart...

Can you help me?

Sorry for my English I'm French...
You're OK....that is an air inlet/check valve....OIL out, AIR in, otherwise the tank wouldn't let oil out via gravity into the engine. There is NO HOSE connected to that port!

BTW...I see that your ski still has all the original grey tempo fuel lines....those should ALL be replaced with standard 1/4" black auto fuel hose, you should also replace the fuel selector switch and service your carbs.....the grey hoses degrade internally and release the green goo that plugs up the internal carb filters. I'd also rebuild the carbs (with only genuine Mikuni kits) while I was at it. Just MHO! (my humble opinion).

Great ! Thank you very much for these valuable tips!

I will order the fuel hoses and replace them as soon as possible!

I also saw that the electric wires of the fuel level sensor were cut, I plan to repair it too.

Thanksss

Great ! Thank you very much for these valuable tips!

I will order the fuel hoses and replace them as soon as possible!

I also saw that the electric wires of the fuel level sensor were cut, I plan to repair it too.

Thanksss
You can order about 25' of 1/4" hose (in bulk)....don't order individual hoses (if that's what you meant). Personally, I like the circular pressure hose clamps (installed with a pair of pliers) instead of standard worm drive hose clamps (but to each his own).

???? can't imagine WHY the fuel sender unit wires would be cut? unless it wasn't working perhaps.

Based on the year...the fuel sender unit is probably broken if it's stock original(typical issue)...the internal fuse on the circuit board goes bad...it can be fixed but you have to pull the unit out of the tank, cut it open in the right spot, solder bridge the fuse and hope that works OR the bottom has fallen out of the fuel sender unit and the float has fallen out....for my $$$ I just bought a new fuel sending unit.....HOWEVER, the new units use 5/16" and 1/4" nipples on the top (and all your fuel lines are 1/4"), not a huge problem though....I simply reamed out the 1/4" fuel hose end internally a little bit until it slipped over the 5/16" nipple (with some WD40), then clamped it in place.

If you service the carbs...follow the CARB rebuilt sticky post at the top of the forum, using ONLY GENUINE Mikuni carb kits....otherwise you'll be chasing your tail and will eventually succumb to using the Mikuni kits anyway, so save yourself the time, $$$ and trouble....Follow that carb rebuild post like its gospel...ALL the way through and NO SHORTCUTS. A little patience goes a long way.

Good luck with it, ask questions (your English is fine, we can interpret what you mean), post progress or issues. We've all mostly been where you are....happy to help.

Thank you Ckrawiec !

Sorry for my late response...

I will order the new hoses. Sorry but I don't know what is the circular pressure hose clamps ? Have you a picture of this part ?

I don't know why the fuel sender unit wires have been cut but I join pictures.

Yes I think that it's probably broken. I have saw lot of tutorials about the repair of the fuel sender unit.

So do you think the best solution is to change this part and connect the right hoses together?

Thank's for your help ! :)

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 15
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
Thank you Ckrawiec !

Sorry for my late response...

I will order the new hoses. Sorry but I don't know what is the circular pressure hose clamps ? Have you a picture of this part ?

I don't know why the fuel sender unit wires have been cut but I join pictures.

Yes I think that it's probably broken. I have saw lot of tutorials about the repair of the fuel sender unit.

So do you think the best solution is to change this part and connect the right hoses together?

Thank's for your help ! :)
Sorry, no pics of the hose clamps....I got them on Amazon., they are just a spring steel clamp that you squeeze with pliers to open and the spring pressure squeezes the fuel hose once you let go....I like them as they are easy on/easy off and are reuseable. Another option is GOOD quality zip ties with steel tabs.

Looking at your wiring diagram...it looks like those cut PINK wires go up to the guage assembly...PINK designates FUEL sensor from what I can tell.

Yes thank you very much my friends :)

I'm going to order the part and I'll change them as soon as I receive them :D

I've found this for the fuel hose :
https://www.amazon.com/Continental-...id=1589353758&sprefix=1/4+fuel,aps,299&sr=8-5
And I have found a picture of circular pressure hose clamp and I have lot of them at home :D

After that i'll read the CARB rebuilt post.

Concerning the cut electric cables, their appear in pink in photo but are red and red / black when we see them.

Yes you are right it is the fuel sensor. And as you said I think it was cut due to a malfunction

Please, This amazon hose are goods for my jet ski ? :)
Perfectly good fuel hose for your ski.

Now, the cut wires could be a problem.....PLEASE be VERY specific....what colors are the wires? Primary color and the stripe (if the wire has a secondary color stripe). RED wires are USUALLY associated with POWER, so we need to be very specific here. Also, based on your engine size which you said is a 720...please tell us what MODEL you have....the '99 GS, GTS and the GTI came with a 717 engine....what ski do you have?

Thanks Ckrawiec for your answer :) I've order the hoses.
Regarding the color of the wires I will keep you informed soon. It seems to me that my ski is a 1999 GTI...
but I will check the numbers on my jet ski :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back