Oil System

Note: This site contains eBay affiliate links for which SeaDooForum.com may be compensated
Status
Not open for further replies.

benstoys

I Have a 2002 RX and It dropped the grocerys last weekend (blew up.) I am still looking through everything to see what happened. But I am guessing either lean conditon or lack of oil. The piston is scuffed like it was a lake of oil but I don't see any major heat any place. I did a quick test of the oil pump with a drill and it is pumping.
So then I thought about the lean condition. The spark plugs look like it might have been a little lean. But is hard to tell. All teh factory jets are still in it. I went through the carbs and everthing looks good.
My major question is should I leave teh oil pump on or should I block it off and just mix gas. And if you could give me any ideas on what might have haeepened they are all welcome.

~Ben

I aint a fan of the oil pump, maybe broke internally, but will look like its functioning with drill...I'd rebuild carbs, why not, and install new reed pedals, also...:cheers:

Oil?........

What type of oil do you use? Did you make any adjustments on the carbs, without making counter corrections to the oil pump. When was the last time you checked to see that the oil pump was syncronized with the carbs?

Just because you took a drill motor to it and it pumped oil, it doesn't mean it worked. You'd need to do a volume test.

If in doubt and funds are short, block of the pump and go premix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back